Slothosaurus Training Log!

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by LemonSloth, Aug 28, 2013.

1. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

You're on. :D

Prize?

I nominate a MAPers hand in marriage. :p

2. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Frodo's?

3. LemonSloth

:D

Nah, the swarms of cake, moi and other suitors would be too difficult to wade through.

...Simon? Could always do with the boxing advice...

4. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i would rather marry the whole mapper...

5. LemonSloth

Ooooh, ok, then I name you.

I get someone who knows what they're doing, likes video games and occasionally I could try and squeeze into your clothes like a badly packed sausage in a mini bun.

What could go wrong?

6. LemonSloth

13/02/15:

Weighted walk shenanigans:
    +35kg f/ 1.5 miles, +64kg f/ 1 mile.

*huff* *puff*

That's pretty much it today. The walk took more out of me than I was expecting today.

7. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

+64kg? "That's pretty much it"??? Just the thought is making me feel tired... Nice work!

8. Fish Of Doom

http://youtu.be/JfUM5xHUY4M

9. LemonSloth

Haha, thanks buddy :).

I was thinking of going to the gym tonight but I ended up not feeling up to it, hopefully I shall go tomorrow and make Fish quake in his boots at the epicosity of my lifting :p.

10. Fish Of Doom

don't force me challenge you to a yoth-sarcasmo oress contest :p

11. LemonSloth

14/02/15:

Heavy bag shenanigans:
    Super light stuff, I think I threw a couple of hundred strikes in all. Roundhouse is feeling a touch more co-ordinated today but my punches were a touch sluggish :p.

Gym shenanigans:
    Walking shenanigans:
    +30 minutes to and from the gym...should I bother counting the +5kg that is permanently attached to my bag? :D

Lat Pulldown shenanigans:
    Two gym monkeys were hogging the barbell area so I did some lat pulldowns to start me off. Pulled out a set with 73kg easily, didn't pay attention and suddenly jumped to a single pull @ 90kg. Then put it back to about 79kg and did a few more sets. No idea what weights I was pulling before then. :eek:

OHP shenanigans:
    (BTN) w/ bar @ 1 x 10
    (BTN) w/ 30kg @ 1 x 5
    (BTN) w/ 40kg @ 1 x 5
    w/ 50kg @ 1 x 5
    w/ 60kg @ 5/5/4
    w/ 65kg @ 1 x 3
    w/ 70kg @ 0/0/0.
    w/ 45kg @ 1 x 10

60kg presses flew up though the 5th rep on the 3rd set wasn't happening without a push. 65kg, I planned to do 1...and found it so easy I pressed out a couple more reps (though the 3rd rep suddenly turned into a super grind). With 70kg...eh, it was going up above my head and mostly there and just kept getting stuck. So I did a back off set for the hell of it.

Leg extension shenanigans:
    Two warm up sets with half the weight, two thirds of the weight and then 3 x 5 w/ all of the weight it had. Just to get the blood pumping to my legs. Plus it looks awesome moving all the weight on the machine :p.

Stop! Hammer time!...curl shenanigans:
    w/ 10kg @ 1 x 10
    w/ 15kg @ 1 x 10
    w/ 20kg @ 1 x 5
    w/ 25kg @ 1 x 5
    w/ 30kg @ 1 x 5 ( :D )

Took the 10kg dumbbells out and started warming up, saw the two gym rats next to me smirk like they thought they could curl more than I could. So I blasted out the 10 and then blasted each set out as quick as I could. I did have some cheating at 30 but nothing absurd. I shouldn't have...but it was fun :D.

RDL shenanigans:
    w/ 40kg @ 1 x 10
    w/ 50kg @ 1 x 5

...And sat there and got bored, so wrapped up and went home. My legs are still knackered from the weighted walk yesterday sadly, so I could already feel the deadlifts just weren't going to happen today. Not to worry, give it a day or two I'll try again.

12. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

I'm pretty certain sloths shouldn't be feeling intimidated by gym rats. :p (nice shenannigans, bro. :) )

13. matveimediaarts

If you're ever really really desperate, I'll marry you for the right price. :Angel: :D

14. matveimediaarts

Hope yourself and missus Sloth had a fantabulous V-day. :) (or whatever it is sloths celebrate)

15. LemonSloth

15/02/15 - 23/02/15:

Bloody hell, I let this log slip!

Basically for the past week I've been utterly bone weary. Managed a couple of weighted walks and that's been it. Most of the time I've been eating or sleeping. Or at least trying to. Not sleeping too well either.

Anyway, at least my man-flu is long gone :).

OHP shenanigans:
    w/ 40kg @ 1 x 10
    w/ 45kg @ 1 x 10
    w/ 50kg @ 1 x 10
    w/ 55kg @ 1 x 10
    w/ 60kg @ 1 x 10*

*Last four reps were push presses.

Surprised how easily 60 went up considering how little I've done this past week.

That's it today. Easing myself back into it slowly as I still feel knackered. Still, something is better than nothing.

16. matveimediaarts

Get well soon, slothski! Being injured is no fun. :( I still haz teh minor low back aches myself.

17. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

This due to the lurgy?

18. belltoller

Did I miss that part? When was that?

19. LemonSloth

Nope. I've been fine since the epic lurgy bout I had.

I have extremely low level fatigue issues generally and then sometimes out of the blue I get a short period of time where I'm just dead on my feet. It comes and goes. It's just a matter of learning to manage how I bounce back from it when I start to feel better.

20. belltoller

Able to trace it to anything physical?