Slothosaurus Training Log!

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by LemonSloth, Aug 28, 2013.

1. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Try moving it away from the wall and see what happens

[​IMG]

2. belltoller

Hope it not dire...

3. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

*gasp* How is it possible I did not think of this?! Oh the travesty! The trauma! The sarcasm involved in this passage! The world weeps at the sight of it!

:p

Seriously though it's attached to the shortest wall bracket with the shortest chains known to man. I'm all for ideas as to how to remedy that though.

Nobody's gonna die or is terminally ill or anything that. But yeah...awkward family crap.

4. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Is it possible to get a free-standing frame solid enough to suspend the bag well away from the house? Maybe you could get some scrap material on the cheap and build one. Prebuilt frames are rather pricey in the sport stores in my area, but you may find something affordable in your neck of the woods...or on amazon or something.

5. belltoller

Can you suspend it from the ceiling?

[​IMG]

Otherwise, if you cannot, maybe (its your maizeball were going on about, right?) you could utilise a speedbag-type setup as the hardware mounts to the wall.

You might have to change the swivel mechanism to accommodate the larger bag.

6. belltoller

This ^

7. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

pad the wall?

also, when did i do dumbbell bench press? i think the last time i did any db bench was... errr... 2012, 2013? and it was incline, at that, i bloody hate flat benching in any way shape or form :p

8. Fish Of Doom

by the way, your butt is gonna be feeling it tomorrow. feeling it reeeeeal goooood... :evil:

9. LemonSloth

That's not a bad idea actually. It is pricey but it would solve a lot of problems.

Need to make sure wifey dearest is OK with it though. She already objected to me getting parallel bars I could put away because she's worried I'll make our back yard look like a gym :p.

Sadly not as the bag is mounted to the wall outside.

That's another good idea actually. Thanks. :)

Ha! I can't believe I never thought of this :p.

Lol, I went back and had a look at your log 'cos I remembered "bench" and "10 x 15" and "10kg"...and you were doing chest supported DB rows. :eek:

Lawd I'm embarrassed. Flat benching is ghastly though. :p

Oh it does, it does alright. And I've got Aikido later... :D :) :eek: :( :cry:

10. Fish Of Doom

11. InkyTommy

InkyTommy Unique Like Everyone Else

These are some mighty impressive weight shenanigans, Sloth!

I would give you the patented John Hughes slow clap if I could find the appropriate gif...

12. belltoller

Agreed. But I've gotten to the point every-time I read the Sloths, Fishy's or Steve's weight logs, I want to hara kiri.

Just kiddin, of course ;) He's made fine progress from a bleak beginning - which I'm gonna need to draw upon in coming months.

13. Fish Of Doom

all you have to do is ask any any of us 3 can give you a hand, mate. it's really not hard to get to where i am, for example, you just have to train hard and smart and be patient about it (and you can do it in less time to boot because i wasted a lot training like le butte d'jack back when i didn'know nothin').

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  14. LemonSloth

Haha, thanks buddy. I felt weak as hell when I stepped under the barbell w/ the first set of 100kg. I don't feel strong and honestly the lifts would look more impressive if I didn't weigh as much as a small bus, but still. I hide it well :p.

Small cultural thing - slow clapping us Brits is a sign of extreme sarcasm. Thankfully at least I'm reasonably versed in American :p

Lol, bless you :p

Believe it or not I still feel the same way looking at Fish's and seiken steve's logs at times. Sometimes I'm blown away by how much they can shift. Other times it just makes me feel sad.

But at least now rather than feeling bummed out and weak, I tend to use it to get ticked off enough to go lift again and aim to lift heavier and heavier over time. That whole thing about it being a marathon and not a sprint.

Thanks buddy.

Equally, if you ever need someone to post mean comments taunting you, I'm your Sloth :D.

But yeah, there's no real magic to it.

Ooh, Fish, before I forget - guy in Aikido told me that a trainer told him that:

"You shouldn't squat below parallel because it destroys your knees and makes them really weak really quickly since they degrade over time".

Question - how hard do you want to bite that guy's nipples? :whistle:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  15. LemonSloth

06/02/15:

Aikido shenanigans:
    1.5 hours.

Whole lot of fun. I had too much sugar before I went to I might've been a little hyper when I got there...and had the giggles for the whole hour and a half. Lawd help me if I go to the hombu dojo and some of the more serious instructors are there. :D

Good fun though. Technique is coming along. There's 101 little things that could be smoother but overall I seem to have the gist of it enough that I can make it work. Sensei is starting to put gentle pressure on me to grade soon. I've flat out refused to grade next month as I need to improve one of my breakfalls. I did also say maybe not next grading after that as I'm not sure but he looked like I kicked a puppy :p. I dunno. I might go for a grading after that so I can get some new techniques, but honestly that's the only reason.

Considered doing some stuff with my training log but my backside says no :p.

16. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

I know you're not asking me, but this sounds like an occasion for throwing your bokken at a fellow if there ever was one. :p

17. Fish Of Doom

they would probably taste like stupid, so i'll pass. *sigh*. i'd squat his mother though.

18. LemonSloth

Ha!

Didn't have a bokken handy, but if it helps, during the warm up I clotheslined him :p

Hahahahaha! :D

Also, is squatting the mother of stupid a good idea?

19. Fish Of Doom

certainly better than biting her. also, i wonder how your classmate copes with suwari-waza.

20. LemonSloth

He hasn't progressed through the grades enough to have experienced that properly, but as a tall skinny beanpole, I doubt he's going to have fun doing it :)

To be fair though he was fairly receptive when I pointed out that the trainers' comments weren't the smartest.