Slipthejab keeps it short and sweet...

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by slipthejab, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

I rolled with him once....it was a vicious encounter, both of us traded heavy blows, but it was i who took residence in hospital.

Believe me Flash, he hits like a steam train going mack ten to never never land.

2. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

and that was just the reach around during foreplay :p

*oh, snap! :D

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Having watched the fight again I don't see the problems that others do. This is the first round, traditionally a relaxed round throwing out the odd technique or combination to test the opponent. The real action usually starts in the second and Slip would have come out of the 1st as fresh as a daisy.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  4. flashlock

flashlock Banned Banned

5. flashlock

flashlock Banned Banned

6. flashlock

flashlock Banned Banned

Seeing the clip, and your ferocious level of competetiveness, I think I understand where you come from now.

When I was back in Michigan in November, I met up with my old TKD/ JKD instructor after 15 YEARS(!) I told him I didn't like my BJJ teacher much. The guy can be egomaniacle, rude, aggressive, and a right *******. He's ****ed everyone off at that club at some point (or so I've been told).

My old friend and teacher said something very interesting that I think might actually apply to you, too.

He said my BJJ instructor, who has won countless championships, has to have that level of aggression and "dickishness" to win in that sport. It just comes out sometimes maybe inappropriatly. You have to be, well, a bit of a jerk to compete at such a high level--you have to believe you're a god, right?

Don't take this as an insult, it's really a compliment: Maybe that is just what happens with you: your competetiveness seeps out in your posts, and might seem a bit... well... dickish to me, who is more into MA for learning and a good work out than competing.

"Have we acheived catharsis?"

7. Hiroji

I dunno mate, you seem to share the same aggressive behavior on here too.

The way you acted in your first posts addressing to the world that BJJ owns all, and the way your acting now is equally as aggressive and "dickish" in my opinion.

Perhaps its a case of "this town aint big enough for the both of us".

8. elektro

elektro Valued Member

That's a good point.

9. flashlock

flashlock Banned Banned

Yeah, I'm not saying I'm not overly-aggressive or a dick. I often am. Point is, I think I am starting to see where Slip is coming from. I just couldn't understand where he was coming from becuase he seemed very intelligent, but than he would attack like Joe Pecci with his thumb in a vice the instant anyone questioned his authoritah. I started to just think the guy was a bit of a psychopath, and that you were all like cult followers, believing whatever he posted.

Anyway, all that aside, he's a good fighter, he's better than most here I would guess (including me probably), and from now on I'll take his "enthusiasm" with a grain as just a by-product of the attributes he needs to compete in such a violent sport (MT).

If he reads this post, I have one humble suggestion that I will try to take myself: tone it down a notch, we're all just average MA guys of various experience levels trying the best we can, looking for a few good tips.

10. Hiroji

To be honest, my guess as to why most people "believe whatever he posts like a cult" is because he is always ready for a verbal fight, he always will go to extremes to prove his point, and most people i would argue either cant be bothered with the hassle of arguing to that degree with him...or they do start an argument and don’t know what they are letting themselves in for (like you)!! :D and then they end up hating him with a vengeance.

Hence people on here who know him just take slip as he is and look for the good stuff he posts, which is actually alot of good sound information most of the time.

11. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

Looks like im the last person to see this clip but well done slip!!!

Apart from the hands, which in MT are more of a set up, i thought you moved fairly well! Ive seen plenty of big dude who lack any sort of movement at all and i thought your kicks were quick! That one that knocked him out came up quickly man!!

I also agree with MD, the first round of a MT bout is always slow, lots of teeps and leg kicks. So a nice round house to the head to finish it off is quality!

Also i do agree with flashlock (unlike everyone else), that big, bald, white looking thug who bullied the small asian guy fits the internet mouth! :p

I joke bud, cheers tho and well done on the fight!

12. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Happy New Year Lily...

Banned for it is not good ..

Sarge give her her New Years pardon

Smurf

13. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Several of us have already done so in the BJJ forum, myself included. You've actually put your two cents in on one of mine, as I recall.

14. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

actual flash.....a persons skill and knowlege of a sport dont always line up.

a few points...is slip bit abrasive...yes....but if you read alot f his posts you will find the humor in it....much like skarlet mist...not in saying they are the same but both are an aquired taste.

2. slip is who he thougt he is.....and says...a middle of the pack (possible higher) competitor....but certainly not elete....which ussally traslates to a very good non competitor

3. is he an expert...he might say no....but i would say yes...his advice is ussally spot on

4 where do you thnk most great trainers and coaches come from in most sports.....boxing, football, track etc.....middle of the pack competitors

15. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

I can see where your coming from and indeed the website of your instructor certainly seems to support your case but I have to say my experience doesn't... some of the most capable fighters I've met have been really down to earth, relaxed guys and they have performed very well in competition also. Look at people like Randy Couture does he really come across as arrogant and believing he's a God? I don't think so and he performs well enough and there are plenty more like him. I think you do get fighters who are like what you suggest but you also get fighters who leave their aggresiveness in the ring.

Long and short is I honestly think slip's personality is just his personality I don't think it comes from being honed into an aggressive 'dick' by practicing MT. He tends to argue his point strongly but he supports what he says and in my experience he only ends up feuding with people who tend to be posting a bit of silliness.

16. NaziKiller

NaziKiller New Member

*edited for not being banned purposes*

Slip, it's nice to see people posting clips of their fights. I've had 2 fights, lost both by points :\. But unfortunately none was recorded. Either way, good job, keep it up. Two thumbs up.

17. flashlock

flashlock Banned Banned

Well, what I was in for was winning a bunch of arguments and being personally attacked... I don't think I would bother again, though. As usual, I hate someone and then end up feeling a little sorry for them.

You can't convince someone like that of anything. To be honest, what really concerned me, as a former MA instructor, was when someone new at MA would come in asking for sincere advice. Slip likes to dominate and exclude secondary options for people just to try--things in arts he has no skill in.

But, heck, if they fall into that trap, so be it, they should have enough intelligence and research to recognize BS, whether from Slip, me, or anyone.

Just to end this for me on this thread and bring it back to the subject, maybe it would be cool to just have a section devoted to MAP clips. People competing in Muy Tai, BJJ, doing Kung Fu forms, or just light rolling / sparring, whatever. It is cool to be able to see a MAP member in action to see where they are coming from and their real skill level--not to bash them (unless they say they're great at some thing and then it's clear they're not), but just to offer constructive criticism, and even to learn from them. So much easier just to show a technique you're talking about rather than write it out in a post.

18. flashlock

flashlock Banned Banned

So you're implying I post a bit of silliness? You're entitled to your opinion, however, when people ask for advice or have a problem with a technique, and I try to help them, I always cite the teacher / source of my information, and I try to keep an open mind. What seemed silly 20 years ago is now established MA technique today... keep that in mind! :D That's why I really don't like slip's "kill 'em all" approach when it comes to ideas and options. I think there is more room for artistic expression, creativity, and spontenairty in real budo than what he allows.

19. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Oh my.

Flashy it was you in earlier threads here at MAP about how I wouldn't post up my fights and all that... in fact you ran on about it for quite a while in an older thread - running on about me being a fake and a fraud... blah blah blah. Go back and read those earlier threads... my how foolish you actually look now... I've actually posted exactly what I said I'd get around to in those earlier threads. I actually called your bluff and posted what I had been talking about. I put paid to your nonsense.

When I finally got around to posting clips you just couldn't wait to jump in and slag away and post all sorts of passive aggressive crap... even though you yourself haven't posted anything to show where you're coming from.

Nothing. Not one iota.

I never bigged up the bout. I never said it was the be-all end-all... like I've stated since post one of this thread... if you'd bothered to read it... it's a KO in the first round and there were some things that could use some improvement... in fact I even pointed out that the punching wasn't stellar... but at the end of the day it's a KO none the less... it's a posted bout none the less... all of which is still more than you yourself have managed to post.

So are you really all that shocked when people find all your foaming at the mouth rather disingenuous? :confused:

Do you really not see why people would find that silly? :confused:

For several pages now you've proceeded to display all your personal/emotional/vendetta issues with a fat dose of histrionics - when that got you nowhere and no further acceptance or support for your views you came back with a kindler-gentler approach mixed with some lame dime store psychoanalysis and your opinions on budo and your self professed deep care for budding martial artists. :rolleyes:

No one forced you to come in and read the thread and watch the vid... in fact you seem to be the one viewing this thread on a regular basis... much more so than just about more than anyone else.

So really you're posts in this thread at this point are just nothing more than attention seeking. It's sad. For someone that recently stated that none of this was important to you and it didn't really matter... you sure are going to great lengths to show everyone the exact opposite.

It's all rather schizoprhenic and sad. I'm not sure what it is you hope to really accomplish by just running on and on and on... don't run on... just move on.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  20. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

im kinda curious...could you find a post where slip gave bad advice in terms of boxing or MT teckniques?