Slight injury - should one complete?

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by 23197, Sep 15, 2010.

1. 23197

23197 Valued Member

Way to be Righty! Good luck-

Patrick- yeah, that was interesting huh? Even with the mix up I like it here so far. Thanx all.

2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Apologies to Joe if I came off sounding like a pretentious git.

3. 23197

23197 Valued Member

thank you Van Zandt but no offense taken it was a valid question. It would be hard as he!! to persevere with a broken leg! (Betcha someones done it...)
    One cyber beer from my acct to yours! Go easy.

4. righty

righty Valued Member

OK, so just to put a bit of a conclusion on this. I competed. I ended up having a pretty large say in what division I was put in. I chose to go in with the middleweights. The heavyweights were heavy and the lightweights also lower grades on average. It ended up being fair, I placed in the middle of the group with some wins and some losses. But overall it was fun and glad I competed.

Now back to training.

5. 23197

23197 Valued Member

Way to persevere, congratulations!
    I had a tournament on Saturday 9-18, In the black belt breaking ring I ended up fracturing my left hand due to improper thumb positioning while doing a ridge hand speed break. I accomplished all my breaks and took second place over all. I went on to take second in weapons and third in forms. By the time the fighting rings were called it was decided I not fight as the hand was too swollen although I was icing up etc. I decided not to fight & risk further injury to the hand. The fracture is not too bad right now & I have a much larger tournament coming up in October. Need to heal up for that one! Train hard righty!!