Sleepy 24/7

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Hapuka, May 20, 2007.

1. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

I'm the same, and I agree everyone should find what sleeping times/patterns are best for them

2. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

I'm starting to feel better now. I found the problem was I wasn't getting enough vitamins into my system. I'm taking multi teen vitamins now (with added iron). I took 2 weeks off martial art training. Hopefully I should be back by next week.

3. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Good to hear ;)

4. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Just curious as to why you asked this question?

5. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

If you are excessively tired it can be one of a few things:

Sleep deprivation over a course of time... even just missin 1 hour a night can build up over a few weeks.

If you are training too hard and aren't fully recovering.

If you aren't getting enough nutrition which is linked also to not recovering. Lack of carbs, vitamins and such can make you feel tired.

Or you are anaemic which can be caused by training to hard and not eating enough.

Go to your doctor. Get your diet checked out, (don't lie about it), get a blood test for anaemia too.

6. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Lack of fresh air and Vitamin D can cause things like SAD which could cause tiredness.

7. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Are you asking me this question because I'm home schooled? :confused:

Ah yeah I do actually go outside otherwise how would I get to places like the library?

I bike and run a fair bit around the place.

8. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

This is good to hear, hope you get back on top of things.

9. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Fair enough, just wasn't aware of a correlation between getting outside and being tired.

10. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Yeah, but the social aspect can have an influence too. Social interaction is necessary for humans, and school is a good environment for this. If you are home schooled and don't have that many friends then it can have physical as well as emotional effects. TheCount seems to have summed it up best, do any of those options sound appropriate?