Sleep

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Obi-Wan, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Darzeka

Darzeka New Member

Maybe its the quality of the sleep not the quantity.

Ever slept for like two hours, got up and felt not too bad then the next day caught up and had like 10 and felt like ****?

Try light meditation. Sit somewhere, close your eyes and concentrate on breathing slowly and calmly, as if you were asleep. Don't think about anything, let your mind relax. Make sure there is a pause in between you inhale and exhale - don't force it just inhale, peak, exhale, stall and repeat.

I do this before sleeping, just liying there breathing and nothing else feels quite strange but gives a real good relaxing sleep and I usually feel good in the morinings. Also try it if you feel like ****e during the day - a 20 min to half hour session of meditation makes you feel better than an afternoon nap.

2. KarateKid1975

KarateKid1975 New Member

Someone say sleep ????? That's one of my fav past times hehehehe. I work at night, so I can sleep in everyday. I am NOT a morning person LOL.

I would suggest more coffee. Sometimes when there is too much blood in my caffine stream, I feel like s**t. :D

When I do feel tired all the time, it's usually "that time of the month" for me. I just feel drained. But a good multi-vitamin took care of that for me.

3. cyclepath

cyclepath New Member

Obi wan, think yourself lucky you can have relatively regular sleep pattern. Some research says that in order to function effectively you need a routine. go to bed at the same time and get up at the same time whether your off work or not.

I work a rotating five week shift pattern normally encompassing earlies, lates and nights. i find myself least tired on nights. I go to bed as soon as i get from work and usually wake after about six to eight hours. i seem to be my most alert on these shifts.

Is your tiredness true tiredness or is it boredom manifesting itself as tiredness??

4. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

"That's CP's nice way of saying "get some training done you lazy S.O.B." :D

5. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan New Member

lol!! I think you could well have a point CP, somedays if I am not that busy in work, or just to demotivated to do anything....... And then the tiredness kicks in more! :eek: