Sleep

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Obi-Wan, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan New Member

I am not sure whether this should be posted within this section..... I apologise if not! :D

Sleep, not matter how much or how less I have, I always seem to be as tired during the day!

They say the ideal amount of sleep is 8 hours. Ok sometimes I have this, but sometimes I have a hell of a lot less.

But if I do have 8 hours sleep, I still seem to be as tired as if I only have 5 or 6.

Come on MApers, somebody let me know the secret of not being so tired!! :D Tell me if I have 8 Hours, 11 Minutes and 19 seconds sleep i will feel refreshed an a live!! :eek:

The only time I don't feel as tired is when I need to go to sleep!! D'OH!

:Alien:

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Sounds like you need to get your diet sorted out.

3. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Try eating a diet rich in Iron. A lack of oxygen in the blood can also cause tiredness

4. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

yoda got on point... hav ur diet sorted out :)
    -TkdWarrior-

5. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan New Member

I may not have the greatest diet, but I thought my diet was ok. Ok I maybe missing something......... But overall, I thought I ate quite healthily

6. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Try vitamins. A lack of some can make you tired, I know lack vitamin B12 does.

Maybe your iratic sleeping habbits don't help. A few days without normal sleeping will catch up on you, try taking a nap when you get home from work :)

7. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan New Member

Thanks, I currently take a Multi Vitamin, which contains B12!

I just dont know!! argh!! :confused:

8. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan New Member

Sorry, my last reply was very brief as I was leaving work!

But, I am still confused.........

I exercise very regular (JKD, Gym, football)
    I eat quite healthily. (Everybody has something naughty every now and then!)
    I take a daily Multivitamin (Super One - Holland & Barrett)

I don't know what else to do!! Well apart from stay in bed all day :D But I just ain't that kind of person!!! :rolleyes:

9. YODA

Your signature quote may be the answer :D

10. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan New Member

:D And I drink a lot of water each day, I have to taking creatine, or I would dry up like a prune! :D

11. YODA

Maybe there's too much blood in your Caffeine stream? :D

12. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan New Member

hehehe!! I think you maybe right .............. Off too the coffee machine I go.....

:eek: ZZZZzzzzz :p

It's either that, or I am just a really lazy person!! :D I can't see that though! ;)

13. SpongeBob

SpongeBob Valued Member

Hey,
    I must confess I have the same problem as Obi-wan. I get around 8.5 hrs sleep a night. When I'm doing things I feel full of beans, but if I stop for two minutes I feel so tired and worn out. My diet I think is good, but I may be falling short in the vitamin deparment. I'll have to top up on them and see how I get on :D

14. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

doh i dunno why ppl hav probs with sleeping...
    i can sleep over 12 + hrs in a stretch then again 12+ hrs...
    u r just overworked dude :D
    -TkdWarrior-

15. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

without tiring at all i meant..
    -TkdWarrior-

16. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan New Member

lol!! That must be the case!!

I am just not one for sleeping though, even at the weekend! As soon as I disturb, my mind kicks in action and I am awake!! :(

17. SpongeBob

SpongeBob Valued Member

If I could I'd sleep for ever lol , I LOVE SLEEP. At the weekend If I get the chance I'll sleep for around 12 hours.

Though I do try to force myself out of bed, otherwise I'd never get anything done at the weekend.

It's 11.40am now and I'd love a nap and I'm not even working that hard. May'be that's it I need to work my brain more :D

18. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Can't ever really do the sleeping late thing, only time I'll sleep past nine in the morning is if I got to bed around five or six. And then its usually only for an hour or two.

19. SpongeBob

SpongeBob Valued Member

You would have thought it was something I might have grown out of, needing to sleep all the time. I was like it when I was younger only then I would sleep for around 14 hours.

I get out of bed at 7.40 every week day morning. Try and get me out any earlier and I'm half dead :D dohh

20. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan New Member

God, I wish....... 6.30 every week day, and then I am lucky if I am still in bed past 9 at the weekend!!!

I am only jealous!! :D