SLAM MAN - Vs - PUNCH BAG ?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Grizzlygrime, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Grizzlygrime

Grizzlygrime New Member

Im thinking of buying a slam man "the bob 1 " im just wondering if any of you guys think they are worthwhile or just a bit of a gimmick ? also do you think you get a better work out than a traditional bag .
    also i like the idea of having a face to smack !

also does anyone if they tend to slide/move across the floor ?

2. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

gimmick

you can punch it and thats about it, if you want to do anything more you are out of luck. waste of money on what is at best a novelty item.

3. Martial One

Martial One Martial Way student

Just get a mohk jong, the kind that spins :) , but if not, i'd go with a heavy bag, you can use footwork with it unlike the stationary "bob"

4. gurojay

gurojay New Member

the slam man is mainly for fitness enthusiats(sp), the bob is a cute bit of kit ,good for weapons training as you can work on your accuracy.
    but in my opinion you cant go wrong with a heavy bag , a wooden dummy a floor to celling bag or speed ball.

5. SCP_Kensei

SCP_Kensei www.taintedlover.com

The Slam man is a total piece of crap. It's too light, not sturdy and the padding rips off easily.

Bob XXL however looks to be a very interesting tool, particullarly for working Thai head kicks (it's difficult to ensure you have the downward cutting motion on a normal bag). I'd love a Bob XXL, but I cant afford one.

6. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Punch bag >>> Bob >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Slam Man

Nuff said ;)