size matters

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by mai tai, Sep 28, 2005.

1. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Why keep going to extremes to try and prove a point?

I weight 220 lb and lift weights, but I'm not obese and I'm definitely not a body builder! ;)

2. Boogz

Boogz New Member

I don't think I can grow any taller, as I'm growing facial hair already.. Maybe there's some hope though..

3. Noontidal

Noontidal Popeye

Yes it matters, it's a large part of why Martial Arts of all varieties are developed. It's not to say the the bigger guy will always win, but on a high margin. I never give someone the benefit of the doubt in beating me, and there's no reason you should just because someone's bigger.

4. ANCIENTMASTER

ANCIENTMASTER New Member

So what I had peach fuzz and facial hair at around that age. I was 5'7" at 17 and I remember having a funny beard. Facial hair really doesn't have that much to do with it. Men dont stop growing untill around 21 or 22.

5. Sifu Shen Fon

Sifu Shen Fon New Member

Dispelling Ignorant myths with true Martial Thinking.

:cool: Recently while reading these posts ive began to wonder why people have been seemilingly disregauarding their Martial Art Philosophy.
    Most of the people posting here would make it seem as if they either do boxing..or judo…nothing but external training…the tip of the iceberg where Martial Art is concerned…

Actually, the bigger you are, the easier you are to hit, also some shorter people can have unusually long arms and most short fighters can actauly take more punishment the bigger ones.

Advantages of being small are follows:
    1.Harder to hit in a fight.
    2.Lighter.(Equals more ease of movement.)
    3.Getting back up isent as difficult for you as it is for the bigger guy.
    4.You can make your way around your oponant easier.
    5.Lower center of gravity(More balance and greater agility)
    6.Lower center of gravity(You are actually more capable of raw kinetic force to strike your larger oponant with,you can also unbalance him with it.

No,plus bigger guys are easier to hit, and there’s more of them to beat up.

Wrong. Your arms get too big and you not only lose flexibility,the ligiments and tendons in your arms augment your automatic nerve reflex,(The muscles cause your arms to lose their full range of movement and thus lessen bodily speed.)

I understand alot of you probally do practice western boxing or a very external japanese art.
    But you must realize the full spectrum of Martial Art and its capabilities.

Size simply does not matter.

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

LOL! :D

Unfortunately brain size does matter.
    Your post was case and point.
    Your post was so silly it should have been called:

Misspelling Ignorant Martial Art's Myths

Last edited: Oct 16, 2005
  7. ANCIENTMASTER

ANCIENTMASTER New Member

Yet so intelligent you are, why use such petty insults? In an internal MA size does not matter. Please, you guys have already posted enough swollen internal organs for one day.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  8. Taliar

Taliar Train harder!

Yeah but were talking about actually fighting. :D :D

9. Snakeyez

Snakeyez New Member

In a fight I would rather be the bigger guy, wouldn't you?

10. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Of course it matters, the bigger you are the more internal energy you can produce!

:Angel:

11. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Sweet Jesus.

Go back and read what you posted.... it reads like a Kung Fu comic book.
    LOL!:D

If you rock up and post silly stuff like that then expect that I will jump right in and hijack your rigamarole!

Attached Files:

12. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

I take you haven't heard of "The Fridge", an American Football player who weighed 23 stone and could run 100m in close to world record time.

13. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Yeah but no but whatever! A tiny little kung fu master would rip his head off in a chin na move!!!!

:D

14. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Linfor Christie, note the size of his legs.

[​IMG]

15. Taliar

Taliar Train harder!

Lets see what people think - Check out the Bigger or Smaller Poll.

16. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

There are no 8st sprinters - there all biger and muscular, nuff said.

17. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

However in reality size does.

18. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I wouldn't waste your energy!

I'm waiting for the argument to go round in a circle yet again with the "Internal martial arts don't rely on strength"

19. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

idiot...and i mean that in an endearing way.....im laughing out loud at work...as i write this everyone is looking at me strange.

20. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Maybe it's time to end this...