six nations predictions?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Giovanni, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

so couple months ago i realized that my european sports channel subscription would allow me to watch six nations. as a former player myself, i was extremely excited. it's a terrific championship.

predictions for the final weekend?

i'll get the ball rolling with a guess or two: france beats england, ireland and wales both win and ireland wins again on tiebreaker. of course, i could be totally wrong. lol. just think that france would love nothing more than to beat england.

2. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Well...yeah. :cool:

And vice-versa.

But yeah, Ireland or Wales ftw this year.

3. Prizewriter

Prizewriter Moved on

As an Irishman, I hope we'll do it but my head says England. I don't think Ireland or Wales will score enough. England at home against a poor French side, you would fancy them to win.

4. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

LOL :D

They probably would but France hasn't been performing that well IMO this time round. If anything I think Wales might be the side to watch out for this time, but that is my gut reaction.

5. Phantom Power

Phantom Power Valued Member

I can predict who's getting the wooden spoon :cry:

6. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Yeah France has been sucking lately. What I've never understood is the continuous gap between the southern and southern hemisphere. Some years it looks like the north is closing it, and 2 months later they get blown out by NZ, SA or AU again. That's always puzzled me.

7. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

why is it so surprising? rugby's been played in new zealand since the 19th century. sure, there was a time that england (or other home nations) was the best team, just like england was the best team in football at the beginning. but after each sport spread, different powers have emerged.

interestingly, france is a world power in both rugby and football. heck, even judo.

8. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

...and Handball. :) Pretty awesome sport.

Anyway, it's not the actual gap that's surprising to me. It's more like the getting-closer/nope-wait-we-still-suck-in-comparison/oh-now-we're-about-as-good/ah-no-they-blew-us-out-the-water-again dynamic. Seems like the south is ALWAYS great no matter the generation where as the north goes up and down and up and down.