Situation.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by bodyshot, Jan 5, 2015.

1. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

Well the kids story is that the girl from the gym talked both the boys into into it about three months ago and they have been smokeing ever since. But then again she claims that she didnt peer pressure them. Shes a totla hippie lols, and she provided a connection for pot to her peers at the gym who other wise wouldnt be directly exposed to it.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  2. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

If not her, someone else.

3. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I totally agree...The 70's were the golden age of horror in my eyes. Texas, Hills Have Eyes, Halloween, Bay of Blood....classics! A lot of them were not just good horror flicks, but groundbreaking and just good flicks generally.

Erm...Have those kids been branded yet?

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Still trying to figure out what the S stands for?

5. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Hah. Right, right! :p

6. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

But what if they forget some of the Adalia bipunctata in the gym or throw a butt of it on the ground and leave it there?
    Then the younger kids could find.
    Or the parents, and they might take the appropriate actions.
    Or a potential student comes in, sees it and might get the authorities there or be like "yeah... no" and walks away.

Though it might be true that argument hardly ever works for me.
    Doesn't make things better in the slightest.
    And after the actions/ the reactions of the teacher the next might think twice about it.

After all, the kids were 17/ 18, and therefore should be old enough, to at least not smoke that crap in a place like their own gym.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
  7. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Just a friendly reminder to people that swearing (masked or otherwise) is against the ToS on MAP. Thank you for your cooperation with this policy. :)

8. bodyshot

I guess since its over we should leave it be. I really wish it just hadnt happened. Im going to miss the kids they were fun to train with imo. Frankly its really all about the kids and I think this has made that even more clear to me in many ways. Its about memories, for the kids of the school and for the parents and grandparents of the kids.

9. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Sorry, you don't get to control when we should stop talking about it. You brought up up for discussion. But you lose control of it when you post it on an Internet discussion forum.

The thread will die whenever it does, be it today or awhile later.

10. Moi

Like teenagers :)

11. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

My apologies, didn't realize that counted among major swearing.
    Will keep that in mind and hopefully not repeat it.
    Next time I write "stuff" or something ^^

12. SuperSanity

SuperSanity The Hype

A smoker never wastes good pot like that.

13. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

And him/ her would never drop something out of the pocket? ;)
    Like when getting the condoms out or something.

14. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

No man, this is first day Adalia bipunctata.

15. bodyshot

As a side note here, Ive decided in my mind to vote all these kids back to the club and to let my decesion be known to my friends. Most of the other students were quiet about it at class except for the shock and awe of the ban. Tonight ive been in contact with one of the youngsters and learned that he would like to return no matter what rank it is. A few fellow students I speak with out side of class have stated that they would vote for all of the kids to return as well.
    All in all Im sure they all will be comeing back, the boy who was being sent to a realitives house is instead going to my instructors house for the rest of the school year, as he has been close to the family since his highschool years. It seems like this may get very intresting.

16. Moi

It's a better outcome. These kids need a break now and it sounds like everyone has calmed down a bit so they might get one. What they did was stupid but now they know it for real. Another chance might be all they need

17. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

One hundred burpees at the start of every class.

For a year or so.

That should make the lesson really sink in.

18. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

So sayeth the Redcoat. Amen.

Seriously that would be horrendous. By the end of the year though you'd have kids with the cardio of a Terminator. Does anyone want that? :p

19. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I find this really odd. The parents are sending their kid to live with a guy who they've only known a few years and had just publicly humiliated the kid?

20. Moi

Been there done that although 100 burpees would of been a warm up.