Situation.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by bodyshot, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

I think I didn't.
    Because the people I've seen this with would NOT have overreacted to the pot incident. The people I have seen with sick (as in life threatening) kids really didn't get worked up about such things anymore.

You said they'd be less tolerant. I said they' be more tolerant, or at least react more laid back because in the grand scheme of things, this problem is relatively small and unimportant.

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Best wishes to your Mrs, Bodyshot, hope things are going well for her.

Mitch

3. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Sigh* Methinks you aren't seeing the difference in attitude to the situation from back then and now with regards to bodyshot being caught up in the whole thing. Now that he has had a few months of dealing with his wife's illness and, thankfully, recovery, he seemed to me to be over the whole drama that went on at his school over that incident.

But really, if you don't understand what I am saying, I really am not going to belabor the point any longer after this.

Bodyshot, I hope you understand what I was getting at. Now that you have dealt with staring at cancer in a loved one and battling it, don't you think that helped you look back on the whole mess at your school with a different perspective? I'd bet seriously that if something like that happened at your school again, you wouldn't get as caught up in it. Because your last post mostly sounded like you look back on it and wonder why you and other students got dragged into the whole thing so much.

I don't think I posted before, but your wife has been in my thoughts and I am so glad she is better.:)

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

That's exactly what aaradia said - go read it again

5. Count Duckula

I just did. She says "it makes people tend to just not put up with smaller dumb stuff. Stuff one used to tolerate, you just don't anymore" which seems to be the opposite of what I said, because I said that the people I knew in rough situations didn't sweat small stuff anymore. A friend of mine lost a kid. I've never know him to get upset at stuff like dealing with a pothead because compared to losing his kid, everything else is at best annoying.

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

You need to read on for the qualifier

7. Count Duckula

Yes. But the measures that were taken are imo a strong overreaction, which indicates to me someone who really lost it, not someone who had faced a lot worse and felt that this was a relatively minor issue. Especially since there is culpability on both sides, since trusting a teenager with the keys and 24hr access is a mistake as well.

8. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

Thanks for the post, I'm exhausted but I think I have just enough time to reply in a somewhat coherent way. Alright, about a year ago we started a combatitives course one night a week, I liked it because it was full and I mean really full of sparring. The material was super easy and super effective and just plain fun, now its so full of jujitsu that I wanna puke, no offense but I don't wanna learn jujitsu, if I did I'd drive twenty extra minutes and go to a top rate jits school. That's it in a nut shell I guess.