Site Upgrade Finished, and some thanks.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by hongkongfuey, Jul 7, 2004.

1. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

OK, site upgrade is finished. Quite a lot has been upgraded, including Vbulletin, journal and the photo gallery. It might take a while to find for you to find all the new features.

As part of this upgrade we decided to invite a couple of users to be involved in the testing process. This was a great help and a great success, and I'd like to welcome MAP's first two official 'Testers' (that's breakers in some peoples books!) JohnnyX and Gaskell.

We have also increased the development team from 2 (me + Yoda) to now include WhiteWizard and KGirl. They will now help with PHP and web coding, and hopefully allow us to make even faster progress (should that be possible!).

Thanks also to all the Global Mods (KickChick, Melanie, AndyMurray and Melanie) who have also contributed to ideas and testing for the new site, in addtion to still performing their normal role of ensuring MAP facilitates some of the best Martial Arts Discussions on the Web. Thanks also to the Topic Mod's for keeping the discussions flowing in their respective areas.

Gosh, I feel a tear coming on. :cry:

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Well Done - and in double-quick time too! :cool:

Cheers.

P.S. Did I hear my name mentioned? :tear_in_the_corner_of_my_eye:

:D

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

John> get back to work, im still finding stuff! :D

cheers HKF :)

4. wcrevdonner

wcrevdonner Valued Member

Oooohhh, testing. The great cornerstone of all software implementations. Bet that was interesting...;) Big ups to Johnny G and The geordie lad for taking part; isn't the most interesting job in the world...:D

5. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

It's looking good; thanks to all whose hard work made the upgrades possible.

Incidentally, I accidentally made a double post, and instead of showing my post twice, the software told me I was making a duplicate post, and redirected me to my first post. Cool! Was this part of the upgrade?

6. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

not that i had tested, dunno about the rest of the team. its news to me :confused: :)

7. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Just to clarify, my duel post was an exact duplicate of my previous post, not just two different consecutive posts by me.

Regarding the photo gallery, is that all sorted out yet? When I try to view a photo, it tells me I need to be a registered user to view the photos. Huh? I was registered, last time I looked! ;)

8. morphus

morphus Doobrey

Some nice upgrade stuff - well done the team!!

9. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

Looking good!

The new mods to the site look great!

I'm still trying to see what else has changed and if I can break it for you like every good programmer does.......

:yeleyes:

10. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

What I've seen so far looks good :D Thanks guys. I especially like the profile in the journal, gives people a chance to see them more often. Just a small requst though. The old VB showed only the 10 most recent journal entries, and when the new VB showed 20 or 25 (whatever it was) I was thrilled. Now, if I missed a day, I could still see all the entries that had been made without checking everyone's journals in case they had been updated. Could we pretty please extend the list again?

EDIT: You seem to have lost all of KickChick's entries but one! :eek:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2004
  11. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Looks good! i definatly like the photo album upgrade. I love seeing new lil icons as well :D they make me so happy.

12. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

No. ;)

13. booksie_girl

You're mean :cry:

14. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

You mean THE best MA discussions on the Web!

15. Cain

Cain New Member

This looks good.....and I like the new smileys :confused::D;):yeleyes::p:Alien::cool::eek::rolleyes:

|Cain|

Last edited: Jul 9, 2004
  16. booksie_girl

Nasty lying Admin :p

*Enlists Tika's help for a friendly tackle* :D

Thank's Fuey :love: :D

17. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Hey, two Melanies. :D

Should read Melanie, K Girl, Andy Murray and Kickchick.