silent winter ninja clothes

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Jordan, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Jordan

Jordan Valued Member

Does anybody know if there are clothes that don't get wet in the snow, like wind breakers but don't make that much noise?

2. Jay

Jay New Member

Gortex under-crackers ??

3. ns_oni

ns_oni Valued Member

It's not that hard, just experiment with different types of clothes. If it was snowing hard i guess there might be enough noise to cover up any sound that you make. I don't really see a need for it unless you're planning to hide or escape somewhere :)

All the questions you've been asking can be answered in most ninpo books.

Good Luck :)

4. peacfulwarrior

peacfulwarrior New Member

Quiet clothes

Try cotton or polyester I also had some jogging pants but hesitated to wear them because they made noise. Then I went to look for a cotton pair but wound up buying a polyester pair because I couldn't find cotton ones they did the job and are warmer during cold weather. Note I haven't wore them in the snow.

[​IMG]

5. Dark Blade

Dark Blade It Roundhouse time

Cotton will get very wet and freeze you to death in the snow.
    Something with some wool so you can move effectively.
    In order for them to be "silent" or close to, they'll have to be wrapped to you quite tightly.
    Remember, move movement, more vibration, more sound.

So, your probably better off making/editing some clothes if you want some good "silent/warm/camouflaging" winter gear

6. cloudgodd

cloudgodd New Member

try

scotch gaurding your gi that you use for missions, it should water proof all of it....lived and trained in the snow for a long time....

7. Kagebushi

Kagebushi New Member

about tieing

about tieing clothes tightly, that is possible, but youd have to tie it really tight to keep it from sliding against your skin at all because the added pressure will make it extra loud , also you will look pretty suspicious if you are seen not to mention cutting off circulation. cotton loose around joints to minimize contact works really well for me in the snow, but it does freeze-it just doesnt bother me much. if it does bother you, cloudgodds suggestion sounds good-never done it myself, but it should work