Silat Suffian Bela Diri

Discussion in 'Silat' started by OldNick, Dec 4, 2007.

1. wkclark2009

wkclark2009 Valued Member

Yes, he told us the same. By the way, how was your silat seminar with Mornie?

2. Schoolboy

Schoolboy New Member

Hi Bill

Hope you and family are all well over in sunny Orlando!

Mauls seminars are just getting better each time to be honest. The drills he has made us perform for the last few seminars are finally starting to pay off and are now easier and we are much more fluid.

The guys and I are really taken with his system and the way he instructs, he's a true professional and has a great sense of humour which is always a winning combination.

Heres some pics and a review from the Nov 1st Seminar

http://silat-suffian.blogspot.com/2008/11/newport-united-kingdom-1st-nov-2008.html

Maul will be our guest of honour this month at our annual course and will also be instructing for us. I've only managed to book him for 4 dates in 2009, just goes to show how busy his calendar is. If you can get him in the US, grab him people, you wont be disappointed

I'm going to work with him in 2009 on incorporating the basic elements into our TBD syllabus. If I'm instructing knife Defence, I want his approval on what I'm doing, so I know its right!

All the best for now

Alun

3. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Sadly Bill i missed the last seminar due to health problems, but as Alun said the seminar went well, the lads just can't get enough training in with him. I'm looking forward to next year as Alun has a few dates already set up for more seminars with Maul.

4. Schoolboy

Schoolboy New Member

Mauls next 4hr Seminar in Wales, UK as follows:

Date SAT 7th February 2009
    Venue Risca Leisure Centre, Newport Gwent NP11 6YY
    Time 2:00-6:00pm
    Cost £25 advance (£30 on day) - £15 deposit required
    Age 18+

This is the first of 4 seminars for 2009 and is progressive training for students of all levels.

For details of Maul and his training visit http://silat-suffian.blogspot.com/

Please let me know if interested in attending

Cheers

Alun

Tel: 07948965526
    www.totalbodydefence.com

5. Gajah Silat

Gajah Silat Ayo berantam!

You'll find this is quite common with 'family' silat systems. My wife's family tell similar tales. Under the Japanese occupation food was scarce and people in the villages only had, bamboo, kitchen knives and machetes at their disposal when the Japanese came calling.

I think this is why a lot of family systems from the area are very effective. They are of course about protecting your family or village, rather than competing or 'showing off'. Certainly with silat, I find the family systems are more straightforward and practical and without the 'flounce' of larger schools.

PS did you ribs get better?

Alan, I've sent a you a pm about July. Cheers

6. lampubaca

lampubaca New Member

Maul is a Great teacher with much to offer.

7. Schoolboy

Schoolboy New Member

Another superb 4hr seminar with Maul last Saturday. He's back with us in April.

He also has a new site www.silatsuffian.com

Take Care
    Alun