Silat Suffian Bela Diri

Discussion in 'Silat' started by OldNick, Dec 4, 2007.

1. OldNick

OldNick Valued Member

2. sly fox

sly fox Valued Member

seems sound.. the clips are more weapon orientated than many silat styles, but all silat has weapons and unarmed..

are you thinking of training it?

3. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

I trained with Maul last Tuesday, he was absoulutely brilliant, his speed was unbelievable, no matter what the boys came at him with he countered it with ease. He told us all he does is watch your body movements from the shoulders up and he knows what to expect and so he proved. There is a write up on our website - www.totalbodydefence.com

4. OldNick

OldNick Valued Member

I think I will definitely be training it in the new year (end of year is a bit busy for me).
    I'm quite excited about it actually...

5. sly fox

sly fox Valued Member

good stuff, hope you enjoy it mate, silats a fun art with a lot to it, let us know how you get on :)

6. Narrue

Narrue Valued Member

I have seen some videos of that teacher on youtube, he is very good!

7. Moridin2

Moridin2 Valued Member

He also teaches another art besides that, when i saw the video i was a bit shocked. I could be wrong as i never met him or visited his class in person, but at age 30 he seems to have above average knowledge.

Enjoy this video.

8. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Moridin, i have seen this clip before, if you get chance to train with him, go for it, i know he travels around the world teaching, so he might be teaching near you at some point. He is due to come back to our club afew times later on in the year, i think Feb is the next time, i will definitely be there for that one.

9. Gajah Silat

Gajah Silat Ayo berantam!

Taffyleigh, any places to stay nearby?

I've been on the look out for one of Maul's seminars in the UK, but I've only seen them in Wales which is a 6 hour drive for me.

Also, I've noticed that there are a number of seminars this year- are they covering different aspects?

Any info greatly appreciated, you can PM me if you like.

Cheers

10. wow - looking at his site - he certainly does have a busy tour schedule!

11. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Gajah, there are a few B & B's and hotels in the area if you are interested in attending one of the seminars - where will you be coming from?

The dates planned for Maul's knife defence seminars are as follows: Feb 9, 15 April, 14 & 19 June, Sept 20 & Nov 1. Price £20 per seminar which will be 3 hours a time.
    These seminars will be held at Risca Leisure Centre, Risca, Gwent. Seminars are for over 18's only.You will be able to find updates on www.totalbodydefence.com.

We are also holding an open public course some time in May which is free to attend and open to everyone.

12. Gajah Silat

Gajah Silat Ayo berantam!

Cheers mate!

All the way from Yorkshire :eek: However, I did live in Wales for a while but most of my old comrades seem to have moved overseas.

I'll be able to make one of them anyway- just need to check work commitments etc. yawn!

So, I'll no doubt see some of you guys there.

13. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

No worries, like i said keep an eye on the website and there will be updates regularly.

14. jeff5

jeff5 Valued Member

I like the youtube clips a ton, and he seems extremely skilled and from what I've read of his own posts a humble and nice guy. Does anyone know the history of the style, or where he learned from? It seems that these things are kept secret within the organization, as is his name, and I just wonder why?

15. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

Nice stuff. I just added him to my Blogroll and maybe i will have him up in the future to Alma, Michigan.

16. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

His name is Maul Mornie, and the style was created by his family in brunei. He is a really nice guy, and he makes the techniques look so effortless. We had the 3 hour seminar with him Saturday, it just wasn't long enough, but he is coming back a few more times thoughout the year.

17. Raden-Rahmat

Raden-Rahmat Valued Member

anything planned for South Africa?

salam all.
    im from SA and we need some serious silat infrastructure here. we are a few guys who have tried to maintain sialt training but due to our private and working schedules we cannot maintain a constant schedule for all prospective pesilat in this country. we do need help from established sources but i think a seminar of this stature and calibre would definitely ignite the way forward and spark the assistance of many to be part of this building of the silat infrastructure....

let me know if anything can be done as im more than willing to meet and train with this Pendekar Silat

18. Hafiz1155

Hafiz1155 New Member

Self-defense workshop 2008 in Brunei Darussalam

I had attended the 2 days of Guru Maul's Self-defense workshop on the 25th May 2008 and 1st June 2008. I'm really enjoyed and sastified with his workshop and wish to learnt more in the future. Guru Maul is one of the brilliant martial artists I have ever met who can integrated other martial art into his Silat Suffian Seni Bela such as Aiki JuJitsu.
    Anyway, best wishes to him and I'm looking forward for his next seminar or workshop in Brunei Darussalam.

Guru Maul, keep up the good work.

19. Raden-Rahmat

hear me please

guys girls anybody

i really wana know if these seminars are going to be planned for south africa and if not, how does one get to arrange this.

20. Raden-Rahmat

hear me please

guys girls anybody

i really wana know if these seminars are going to be planned for south africa and if not, how does one get to arrange this.