Silat in Manchester / Lancashire?

Discussion in 'Silat' started by Van Zandt, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Good afternoon :hat:

I'm looking for authentic Silat classes in the north-west, primarily the Manchester / Bolton area. Couldn't find much on the net and zilch in Yellow Pages. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Dan

2. glendy

glendy New Member

Hi Superfoot

I don't know of any around that area as such. The nearest is Huddersfield or my instructor Guru Paul Deans in North Yorkshire. I travel from Birmingham for lessons I would say that Manchester is closer, but still quite a trip. Just depends on how much you want to learn silat i suppose.

Regards
    Glen
    :rolleyes:

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Hi Glen, cheers for your response.

Do you have a website for the club in Huddersfield or for your instructor Guru Paul Deans? Thanks.

Regards,

Dan

4. glendy

glendy New Member

Hi Superfoot

My Instructor Guru Paul Deans runs the Yorkshire Silat Academy In knaresborough. His website is www.harimau-silat.co.uk You can just phone M.A.I for Bob Skyes I think he still teaches the Walisongo not sure.

Regards
    Glen

5. Gajah Silat

Gajah Silat Ayo berantam!

It's only about 60miles from Manchester to Knaresborough. Easy enough journey as long as you're not on the M62 during rush hour. Certainly worth giving it a go.

I used to do a 130mile round trip to train with my teacher:) Good silat is hard to find in the UK!

Anyway, hope it all pans out OK.

6. glendy

glendy New Member

My Trip is 280miles round trip i don't feel the journey on the way back usually in a trance :) lol.

Regards
    Glen

7. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Cheers for the info, will definitely check it out! :)