Silat in london.

Discussion in 'Silat' started by sermad, Feb 20, 2005.

1. sermad

sermad New Member

Hi guys.

Ive been getting into silat since christmas as David Onuma has added a silat class at the bob breen academy (fridays btw. its bloody excellent).

Does anyone know of any other classes preferably in north/east london. I think I saw eastwest had silat classes but hendon is pretty darn far to get to from me.

I was told something about a class in camden or st johns wood but can't seem to find anything.

thanks

2. silatliam

silatliam Valued Member

silat in London

Hi
    If you interested there is a Cimande Silat class been held now every Tuesday at Seymour Leisure Center in London. There is a number of underground stops near it so its very handy to get to.The teacher is Gavin and you can contact him at 07931855384 and he give you more details. He is a very open and good teacher and teaches a very combat driven style. If you any problems contacting him, feel free to contact me.

Liam

3. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Being a Student of Cimande in Ireland, I can HIGHLY reccomend it.

:)

4. Wali

Wali Valued Member

Hey Sermad,

Steve Benitez has a full time Silat Academy in Hendon Central, NW4.

You can get more details from www.eastweststudios.com, or drop me a message for more info.

Alternatively pick up a copy of the latest Martial Arts Illustrated magazine, where he is featured in the front cover, along with a bonus DVD of the silat (DVD in London region only)

He used to teach in St. Johns Wood before the full time acdemy was open.

We also have a teacher in Whitechapel, if that is better for you.

David Anuma used to be a student of his a while back, but doesn't train there anymore.

You wont be dissapointed with the Silat!

Cheers
    Wali

Last edited: Feb 23, 2005
  5. silatliam

silatliam Valued Member

re.

Hi Sermad
    I forgot to mention we have a regular monthly column in "Combat" called "Silat- The way of the Warrior" which gives details of training, history and how our system works. We have past articles on our website if you like to read a few of them. Good luck with your search I hope you find what you'e looking for. I be over in London in April doing a workshop, you're more than welcome to come along. All the best.

Liam

6. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Could I second (or third) the recommendation to check out what Liam is doing. :D It would be good stuff!