Sickle skills in Indo Arts

Discussion in 'Silat' started by 5thBrother, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Silat Junkie

Silat Junkie New Member

Heaven Grip

The grip isn't really relevant. Clurit is used in either and so is kerambit.

I was more referring to the idea of gutting someone.

2. tellner

tellner Valued Member

My teacher's grandmother carried hers in Los Angeles. Nobody was going to steal her Social Security check!

3. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

Hehe Mine carried a 357 in Venezuela for years!

Women can be BAD TO THE BONE!

4. Silat Junkie

Silat Junkie New Member

what?

Sorry Tellner, I wasn't sure what she was carrying? Kerambit, Clurit, Arit, or Saca Tripas?

Sorry, I'm a little slow. It's summer here in Florida (just about anyway), the air is thick and my brain is too... :D

5. tellner

tellner Valued Member

Guru Plinck says it was an arit.

6. Silat Junkie

Silat Junkie New Member

arit?

Yeah, YIKES! Doubt there are too many who would challenge someone with an arit. Clurit seem to generally be larger from what I've seen but I really wouldn't want to reckon with either of them if given a choice!

7. Gajah Silat

Gajah Silat Ayo berantam!

Mas Sean, I was led to believe it was the other way around, arit being the larger of the two and mainly an agricultural tool :confused:

I have a clurit, and would say from the base of handle to the tip of the blade is around 8 inches in a straight line. It's pretty much sharp enough to shave with and I'd hate to imagine what kind of carnage it could be responsible for :Angel:

By the way we may have a little silat Banyuwangi in common ;)

Here's a clurit for the curious...mine's nicer with some inlay on the blade :p

Attached Files:

8. Silat Junkie

Silat Junkie New Member

Clurit Size

Hello

Well it could be that Arit is bigger. From what I've seen that's not so, but then I'm not an expert in Arit. I've only ever used Clurit in person. The two Clurit I have are larger than what you have. The smaller one I have is probably 12 inches or so in a straight line but unfortunately I can't find a measuring tool of any kind at the moment... My other clurit which is said to be for jagoan is a bit larger. Probably around 20" in a straight line. The blade itself being at least a foot long, maybe longer...

I'm unfamiliar with the term banyuwangi could you explain? You can contact me personally if you want.

HS,
    Sean