Sick of BJJ

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by jujutsu_kid, Jun 23, 2006.

1. jujutsu_kid

jujutsu_kid New Member

Am I the only person who is fed up of hearing about BJJ. What about the other styles out there? Am I the only one who practices japanese jujutsu?

2. Gajah Silat

Gajah Silat Ayo berantam!

Not done any JJJ for many years but yeah, it's all BJJ this or UFC that :rolleyes:

Of course no-one ever won a fight before these came along :rolleyes:

It's like someone comming along and saying "I invented the wheel y'know" ;)

Mind you be prepared for a serious flaming. I once commited similar heresy regarding UFC:D

Emporer's new clothes mate!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  3. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

I'm a JJJ player, I usually drop the nationality and just refer to it as Jujutsu as I haven't seen a big difference between Judo, BJJ and JJJ overall. On occasion my instrutor will point out subtle things like Judo players do this technique like this so you'll need to do this to counter it, but the overall concepts are the same.

4. Daffy

Daffy Valued Member

I train with the bushido kai academy which mix's Japanese Jujitsu (throws/takedowns, joint locks[both standing and on the ground], traditional strikes, and ground fighting) with muay thai kickboxing.

I get sick hearing bjj this or that b/c i take it as a disrespect for JJJ. JuJitsu in general is a great martial art, either of these two syles of the art can be great depending on the will of the participants.

5. MartialJac

MartialJac Banned Banned

I do a Japanese based Jujitsu under the World Jujitsu Federation. It is a self defence based system again with throws, strikes, locks and goundwork together with weapons training. I cross train with Muay Thai & TKD. Have nothing against BJJ - no nothing about it maybe one day.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2006
  6. fanatical

fanatical Cool crow

I do JJJ and BJJ. Stop whining.

7. jfreelancer4706

jfreelancer4706 New Member

bjj is known only because of the publicity it got.

it does get a little annoying when thats all you hear about. their must be
    something new out their that people can add to their technique, im sorta a newbie when it comes to mma. ive got so used to the whole ideal of bjj that its almost all i know for ground skills.

8. jfreelancer4706

jfreelancer4706 New Member

you move like a pregnant yak :cool:

9. Covaliufan

Covaliufan Valued Member

No one's forcing you to read bjj threads. And no one's preventing japanese jiu jitsu players from talking about issues, fights, or techniques that interest them. So don't whine at us bjj players for having things to talk about, or, ehemm, being currently popular.

10. Daffy

Daffy Valued Member

Apparently i read the original post wrong. I thought he was say'n that he was sick of people say'n bjj is a better art than JJJ, this will make my previous comment make more sense.
    I have to agree with those that say stop whining thoe, seeing how your just saying that you don't wanna hear about bjj...

11. elektro

elektro Valued Member

Perhaps it's because people started harping on about how it was "superior" to the other arts in terms of effectiveness?
    Personally I think it's on the same level - as are all the arts in different ways. Interesting stuff though the groundfighting.

12. fanatical

fanatical Cool crow

Good luck finding a lot of BJJ harping in this forum.

13. Leo_E_49

Leo_E_49 Valued Member

Hmm, BJJ or JJJ? I like them both just the same. :)

14. hunter_kaval

hunter_kaval The Ronin

Great another BJJ bashing thread :rolleyes: if you dont have anything intellegent to say then dont bother saying anything.

15. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

I train in koryu jujutsu, but also train in Kodokan judo & roll with BJJers when I have the chance for fun. It rounds out every aspect of jujutsu - kata geiko, randori & osae komi.

Start topics about classical & modern Japanese jujutsu if you want to talk about it. If you just sit and wait, nothing will happen. Simple as that. *shrugs*

16. CCG2

CCG2 Valued Member

if it counts for anything i used to do hakko ryu b4 switching over to judo. for me it was just waaay too similar to aikido for my tastes.

17. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

You'd have to really hate BJJ in order for simply hearing about it to upset you. Did BJJ kill your family? :rolleyes:

18. firecoins

firecoins Armchair General

The entire Gracie family showed up and killed my master.

19. DragonSpawn

DragonSpawn Ronin

I'm tired of hearing about BJJ too, but that's because I have alot of respect for the traditional arts.

20. Sever

Sever Valued Member

BJJ is older than loads of so-called "traditional" arts