Shuko Hand claws?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by dragon_bunny, Jul 11, 2004.

1. dragon_bunny

dragon_bunny Valued Member

ah this is a side question really. i was looking at that http://www.martialartssupermarket.com some one (sorry i forgot your name) was talkin about, looking at all the wonderful things i could buy when i saw the hand claws

does anyone own a pair? and more importantly have you tried climbing with them? :D oh and same with the grappling hook.. i'm just curious :)

(yes i know you can use the claws for other things but climbing seems like the most fun :D )

2. Kagebushi

Kagebushi New Member

i just got a set, and theyre hard to climb with if you dont have ashiko(foot claws). a grappling hook is good, if you can climb a rope. if you cant, tie loops into it, to make a ladder. or you can go to a rock climbing place, and study the ropes hanging from the ceiling. the ones that you put a foot into 1 loop and sit in another. you stand and slide the seat loop up, the sit and slide the foot loop up, slide the seat again, etc. try to remember the knot they use and TEST IT in a low place before you climb down something with it.

3. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Someone find out the hard way?

Shuko, yes I owned a pair at one time. 2 pair actually. One set I had bought years ago.... disappeared with most of my good stuff when my folks got divorced. Second set I made when I was working in a metal shop. They got misplaced (along with all my handmade shuriken) when I was in Saudi. Hopefully, they'll turn back up.

Tried climbing with them (who hasn't?) but found it better to climb without them. Just me i guess.

4. Krazy5051

Krazy5051 Valued Member

Hand claws are particularly good for raking the face... climbing is a bonus.

Yours in martial arts,

Kid

5. Kalifallen

Kalifallen looking for partner

Said Kurohana, "Tried climbing with them (who hasn't?) but found it better to climb without them. Just me i guess."

Back grip or something?
    I personally haven't used them but I think they just help for that extra grip. Like if you were climbing a really wide tree or something. Still, I'd get the shuko and ashiko together if you are going to use them for climbing. Cause it is usually easier to hold onto a tree than it is to push yourself up it.

Also, not sure why you'd want a grappling hook. I for some reason always look at the price of it but never really want it or would have no purpose for it. Anyway, just remember to read fully on it. I mean, it'd suck if you bought it then realized it couldn't support your weight.
    Besides, whatever you choose the prices are great for what you get.

6. dragon_bunny

dragon_bunny Valued Member

yes and blocking sword attacks. but although i would be tempted to ask my friend to attack with with a katana i don't think she'd let me :rolleyes:

climbing seems like the most fun and most likely thing people would do with them

unless you all run round attacking people? :eek: :D

7. nabori no inuha

nabori no inuha New Member

the shuko you buy from the store/internet are complete junk,they are not built correctly nor do they fit right on the hands.i have seen quite a few pair that have broken or bent.best bet is just to get an old pic of some good iron ones and have them made by a steel worker or welder,its not very hard i have made a descent pair out of iron.email me if you want pics or diagrams.jesse

8. ShinobiYa

ShinobiYa Banned Banned

What part of no advertising don't you understand?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2004