Shroin-ryu Karate / Peter Williams Teachings

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Genner, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Genner

Genner New Member

I was a Black Belt under Peter Williams and trained in Toowoomba in the early 80's when Laurie Nolan , Steve Cook Gary Hinze and Gary Skaines (Hope I spelt all their last names correctly) were training with Peter. I later started up a subsidiary Shorin-ryu Karate Club under Peter's organisation and Peter awarded me with my Second Degree Black at one of the Shorin-ryu Summer Camps we used to have at Shannon Park. They were great days under a dedicated instructor I will always remember Peter with a lot of respect. Wayne Cooling, Arthur Wells and the Madden Boys also come to mind who I trained with in later years. There is a FB site for past members of Peter's where old student can catchup called Shorin-ryu / Peters Williams Teachings.. I hope the link works.... (link deleted)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2022
  2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod Note: Welcome to MAP!:) Please note that links directing traffic to other sites is not allowed, per our terms of service. You can find those by clicking on the terms and rules button on the bottom right hand corner of every page.

If you use MAP to direct traffic elsewhere, we ask that you contact listowners Mitch or Simon about rates, which will be used to keep MAP up and running.