Should the UFC Cut Jon Jones?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Sweet MMA, Mar 30, 2020.

?

Should the UFC cut Jon Jones

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sweet MMA

Sweet MMA New Member

If you guys haven't heard, Jon Jones has been arrested again. This time for shooting a gun in city limits and he also was driving with an open container of alcohol.

I hear he's going to do some time.

Regardless, who thinks the UFC is gonna cut him?

2. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Should they? Yes. Will they? No.

Evidence? McGregor and Khabib are still welcome. Even after McGregor's bus attack left Rose Namajunas with PTSD. The organization is exceptionally forgiving of outrageous conduct so long as the fighter keeps bringing in those sweet sweet pay-per-view dollars.

Morik, Southpaw535 and Smitfire like this.
  3. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Same as Mitlov. Should, but they won't.

Watched ufc long enough to see White go from seemingly genuinely wanting mma to be seen as a legitimate sport all the way through to basically running wwe but with shoot fighting.

Morik and aaradia like this.
  4. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Agree. Should, but won't. How they move venues for him so that he can continue to fight even with his failed drug tests tell you all you need to know. Stuff like this is why I have been losing interest in the UFC the last couple of years. Southpaw is right, between Jones, McGreggor and all, it's become a WWE atmosphere. It's a bummer.

Morik and Monkey_Magic like this.
  5. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I stopped following UFC results years ago because of this type of thing but still like to watch to see well applied technique and strategy.