Should i get my black belt?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by beholder, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Demain

Demain Valued Member

Evasions noted - thanks for confirming?
    I am not evading you are, I said go ahead and call.

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

No - YOU claim it, YOU prove it

Your credibility is suspect, your opinions flawed and your explanations loose and evasive. So why would I waste my time on a troll hunt when I have all I need to form that opinion here?

3. Demain

Demain Valued Member

Because if you really want the proof.
    Because I have trained with all of these martial artists.
    The only way to know is by you calling to verify.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  4. Hannibal

I don't doubt you trained with them - I have trained (briefly) with Royce Gracie - but presence alone means nothing

Also the list was less than impressive anyway

5. Demain

Demain Valued Member

You have trained with royce gracie, that is very cool!

6. Hannibal

But I am in no way a student or affiliated with him - that is the point

I have trained with legitimate world champs and high ranked guys such as Marc Mcfann, Matt Clempner, Erik Paulson, Marcel Louzado and others but none are guys I consider myself "under" or "affiliated" to (although I am working on the CSW thing)

7. OwlMAtt

OwlMAtt Armed and Scrupulous

(1) To Demain:
    This thread isn't about you, so stop making it about you. Your claims are ridiculous, and if they were true--which they aren't--you'd be the biggest wacko fanboy in the world, not a great martial artist. Please go away, or at least make your own thread about yourself rather than hijacking someone else's thread about a real martial arts question.
    (2) To everyone else:
    Please stop rewarding Demain with your attention.

8. Hannibal

I don't think the attention has rewarded him.

The dinversion was massively OT though, but such is the organic nature of threads

9. OwlMAtt

OwlMAtt Armed and Scrupulous

Of course it has rewarded him. It's exactly what he wanted. Can you think of any other reason he'd spout such nonsense?

"I know every form ever, have trained under every master ever, and have beaten every black belt ever. No, I won't prove it; you're a jerk for doubting me."

This is textbook trolling, so let's all just stop feeding the troll.

10. Demain

Demain Valued Member

I did not say that I know every form. You are changing the story.
    If you were in a fight and it wasn't on camera, how could you prove it?
    I am ok if you don't believe me. I am new here to this forum.
    I will just start some new threads.

11. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

It's not disrespect to your teachers to call you out for claiming that they're "some of the best in the world." YOU said that. Not them. YOU. So it falls to you to substantiate that. As well as your claims that challengers were being carted out in ambulances.

12. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

The massive inconsistency is that I can't see anyone who'd trained with Steven Baugh listing Sin Kwang The as a world class master.

13. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

lol.... I bet this thread isn't working out the way Demain envisioned it would. :p

14. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

April 2011
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101032

April 2011
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100976

I mean, its all cool if you actually give something to the thread that would reinvigorate the conversation, create new pathways for further discussion, your own experiences...basically. Anything!

But instead you reply with...

:cool: youre now qualified to be a Mod.

..its like the ending to Sopranos. Theres a feeling theres more, but it kinda stopped mid sentence and youre kinda angry cos it took years to get there.

Speaking of which, hows that list coming along?

Whats that cheesy saying? Fear not the person who knows 100 techniques, but the one who practices 1 technique 100 times...

15. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

For what its worth I too dont have a black belt. I got 2 sashes, red and gold. Both is just uniform based and not of rank. We class rank by the quality of our technique in our forms/applications and understanding of said techniques as well as seniority (within the class). I used to say our forms is our "belts" but I've since grew up a bit more...and yes I think I did say that about 6 months ago :p

16. Demain

Demain Valued Member

Grandmaster Sin Kwang The has the authentic lineage on shao-lin kung fu.
    Yes there are some others that have authentic lineage, but not all.
    That is why there is 30 lohan forms, not only 18.
    That is why there is so much village kung fu, trying to bring the pieces together.
    That is what all this fuss is really about, right?

17. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

The only ones who believe SKT's lineage claims of being the Shaoilin successor are his followers. Most of the "history" on the S-Do website is the usual and disproven fiction.

People should do some historical reading beyond the pop tales in MA mags and the tired and bogus claims imparted by some lineages.

Your training in Shaolin-Do does explain your collecting so many forms.

18. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

it's partly this kind of stuff that makes me glad i do a functional art. because lineage doesn't mean squat. all that matters is can you fight or not. i've seen so many of this same nonsense on the hapkido, ninjitsu, kung fu posts on this site. the masters and grandmasters and who's authentic blah blah blah and all that complete nonsense.

no one is ever going to give judoka a lineage lesson. all that matters is can you put a guy on his back or not.

19. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

The training in Shaolin Do IS the reason he beleives he HAS so many forms...

20. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Lineage, the good type, gives detail on how well the school is doing.

Think of it as proven already.

Think of it like a Harvard/Yale Grad compared to a Unniversty of Meknowlil

I agree: Authentic, Ancient, Traditional, etc., can get over-rated