Should guns be outlawed?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Adam, Jun 20, 2003.

?

Should guns be outlawed?

1. Guns should be outlawed

163 vote(s)
    45.4%
  2. Guns should be legal

196 vote(s)
    54.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

Did I open the can? Nope. Just look at the thread.

Am I willing to play? Sure, I wouldn't be here if I wasn't.

2. Towely

Towely Valued Member

Why don't you try and explain your logic to the Jews that lived in Poland and Germany in the early 1940's...oh wait...most of them got disarmed and exterminated.

Yea, guns are only for hunting and target shooting... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    "Experts agree, gun control works."

edit: hey genius, shot guns are WIDELY used for hunting. Show how educated you are on the subject... I bet you think an AR-15 is an 'assault-rifle' too huh? ;)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  3. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

hahaha!!! Touche!!!

4. Towely

Towely Valued Member

Yes, the fact that a society full of guns is far from a 'Utopian society' is exactly the point. Every time some idiot gets a bright idea to try and create a Utopian society it always ends in the citizens getting disarmed which is followed shortly by mass genocide. It NEVER fails.

An armed society is a peaceful society. Just look how good gun control worked in Washington DC...

And for the argument that guns create crime, that is absolute crap. Sure there are many gun free societies that have lower crime rates than most of America but that has nothing to do with the guns. America is a very violent society compared to some areas but every time gun control laws pass it does NOTHING to slow down crime and often leads to a rise in violent crime. Guns don't create crime, at worst they do nothing to crime rates, at best they stop crime.

I don't really give a crap about all that though. The fact is the US constitution guarantees my right to keep and bear arms. Any type of gun, anywhere I want to take it. It is to protect my rights from the federal government. I will excersize that right as long as I am a US citizen. If it causes my society to be a bit more violent(which facts prove otherwise) then so be it. If given the choice between safety or liberty I will chose liberty any day of the week.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  5. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Personally, I don't really give a monkey's about whether the USA has greater gun control or not. Don't get me wrong, I'm as saddened as the next man when I hear about yet another school shooting, but at the end of the day it's their business and their choice how they live. And I appreciate that theirs is a very different society to ours in so many ways.

But what gets up my nose is:

1. Those Americans who try to tell us that WE are wrong for having a higher degree of gun control, and calling us things like 'slaves' and 'sheep'.

2. Some of the arguments that the pro-gun lobby use. I accept some of the points they make, but some of them are just plain stupid. And it concerns me that people that stupid should be allowed to own firearms.

Fortunately these points to not apply to the majority of the 'pro-gun' Americans who post here.

6. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

Why? It's TRUE.

According to the media, some folks in the UK are too stupid to use kitchen cutlery in a responsible manner. NOW THAT IS SUPRISING. :p

7. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

A) All of the Anti-British content from you recently in this thread.

B) I admit, Sarge was partly to blame but he realised and apologised. You went on the offensive.

C) Moderation disputes get dealt with by contacting another Global Moderator or Admin by Private Message or email (see the Contact link at the bottom of the page).

D) If you enjoy Bullshido so much, feel free to head back there.

==========

As this thread has been going for so long (longer than I've been on the site, and I'm not exactly a newbie!), I feel it has went round and round in circles for long enough with pretty much the same arguments at various intervals.

Because of that, this thread is now locked.

If you think this thread should be re-opened, PM me and if theres enough demand I will consider it.

Anth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.