Shoto Budo

Discussion in 'Karate' started by johndoch, Dec 5, 2003.

1. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Anyone ever heard of this style???

I thinking about giving it a go. It sounds like traditional karate with some Judo thrown in. My research mentions Harada? but i've no idea who this is.

Can anyone enlighten me???

2. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I've heard of Karate Budokan International, or Shotokan Budo as they call it. Is that what you mean, or something else?

3. johndoch

johndoch upurs

No the club is simply called Shoto budo, supposedly the head instructor came from shotokai and was graded by Harada. My knowledge on karate isnt great and I dont know much on the subject.

4. hrd260

hrd260 New Member

Shoto budo has been going for some time, although I am not a member or have practiced karate for some I like to find out how it is going as I used to practice shotokai karate. The shoto budo site is as follows:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/shotobudokarate/

hope this helps you.

Hugh D.

5. johndoch

johndoch upurs

I must admit I ve only been a couple of times to one club but what I've seen looks good. The class started with a warm up and then onto pad work followed by some light sparring.

One of the Dans I trained with last night then showed me the first couple of Katas and also breakfalls with a few locks thrown in.

At this time the more experienced members hit the mats for what was more of a Ju-Jitsu session.

I must admit I am impressed with the open minded attitude of this club and definately intend on continuing my training there.