Shorinji Kempo forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Kimpatsu, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Ho Hum well yes if not knowing the terminology of an art I dont practice from a country the art I DO practice isnt from then I guess I lack the basics. But incidentally wouldnt I only find out such essential information through dialogue with people who practice different arts? The very thing you say is pointless? And I do appreciate this is just an example of the terminology hang up you seem to posses but its funny how I may not know the exact terms used for BJJ students yet seemingly it doesnt present much difficulty in conversing with them...

Oh and heres your three questions:
    1. what is the purpose for which they train?
    2. (what is) Their overriding rationale?
    3. (what is) Their raison ĂȘtre; their esprit de corps?

2. Kimpatsu

Kimpatsu Banned Banned

How so, when you're the one who won't give us our own forum?

3. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

So if you get your forum, we respect you, if not we disrespect you?

By the same logic, we, with the experience of running an MA discussion forum with approaching 6,000 members, from practically all the arts, from countries all over the world, over the last three years, starting out with nothing, and becoming one of the foremost sites of the genre, are owed no respect for our opinions by you?

4. Kimpatsu

Kimpatsu Banned Banned

Shorinji Kempo terminology is specific for a very practical reason: so that 30 countries, all with different languages, can train together by sticking to the lingua franca. I can't speak for BBJ, or for any other art, which is why I recuse myself from their forums, but here's the answers to your three questions:
    1. To improve themselves, so they may improve society. This is summed up by the phrase, "Sound mind, healthy body, self defence".
    2. To build a better world.
    3. To train together to achieve 1. and 2.
    ---
    If you have any more questions, I'd be delighted to answer them, but they really should be addressed to the Shorinji Kempo forum...

5. Kimpatsu

Kimpatsu Banned Banned

Opinions per se are neither worthy nor unworthy of respect; it's the content of the argument that matters. However, given that people are now asking specifically Shorinni Kempo-related questions (which, admittedly, they didn't till I arrived to stir things up), a dedicated Shorinji Kempo forum would surely be the logical place in which to answer those questions? Or is Shorinji Kempo being singled out where Aikido and Hapkido are not?

6. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Hmm you do have a rather short memory...
    I didnt think I needed to include the quote box in my previous post seeing as you did specifically ask for the 3 questions you could have asked someone from another style (and I thought you would recognise your own words).

But anyway thanks for the answers :)

7. totality

totality New Member

it's BJJ, not BBJ. and you think he's rude for not knowing your terminology, when you seem incapable of reading?

the reason this thread is so funny is that, while it is a public forum, it is also private in the sense that the owners of the site, and those whom they trust to preside over it (moderators), can do whatever the hell they want to. there's no point in arguing this, if they do not believe your art warrants it's own special forum, YOU AREN'T GETTING ONE.

and one last note, i will feel disrespected if you don't refer to all grapplers as "jesus," mr. kenshi. :D

8. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

This is best left alone until we have the opportunity to review Mr Kehoe's essay, and judge the value of his proposal accordingly.

Thread locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.