Shooting

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by jorvik, Dec 16, 2012.

1. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

I don't shoot, but recently I was tempted by this guys skill to try it out and I may yet do so
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yn0UgcTYuk"]Never Talk to a Cop - YouTube[/ame]

I like Mr.Bill a lot, he's wise .and the guns he shoots are all legal in the UK .............you can get some here, no licence required

http://www.pellpax.co.uk/

He also shoots .22 rifles which honestly in a zombie apocalypse thats the type I would want .
    Recently I talked to a friend about football. He likes football the skill etc, he is not into all the tribal/racist nonsence , he just likes the game.my thoughts are if you like shooting, the skill and ability.why do you need to get the biggest gun.............now you may know on another thread I am very pro gun ownership..if that's what you want it should be your right, no question in my mind.and you should be able to defend you and yours, but if you like the art, the skill and the enjoyment.these make a lot of sense

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  2. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

Shootings a whole lot of fun! Especially .22s

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I like talking to the police. They've been friendly, helpful and professional every time I've had the pleasure. But then, I'm not an odd gentleman on a ranch making videos ranting about guns and how evil the police are.

Mitch

4. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

The fundamental skill is the same no matter what the weapon is, so I see these as acceptable methods of training considering your situation. I don't know what kind of training opportunities you could get but I would advise against self-training unlessthere is no other way.

That guy is nuttier than a squirrel [you know what], by the way.

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I got 1:14 seconds in and that was enough. Nutbar. This is exactly the type of person that rants and raves and posts this sort of nonsense on YouTube. Absolute bonehead. The type of guy who thinks he's going to get clever with cops asking simple questions and then spends the next 30 years of his life posting this inane crap on YouTube. Exactly the type of person living in some rural area because he's too much of a bonehead to figure out how to get along with most people most of the time.

Not sure what your benchmark is for 'wise' but jeez you must be setting that standard insanely low. Shooting rattlesnakes? What a buffoon.

:bang:

6. Caleb Demarais

Caleb Demarais Valued Member

"Gunfighter"? What the hell! This isn't the Wild West anymore.

Poor guy. His ex wife obviously ran off with the sheriff.

7. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

this guy is a nutter. this guy gets to own guns? ugh.

8. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

Well first off the reason that I posted this was because the guy is not using firearms. He is using a bb gun powered by carbon di oxide which may injure you but can't kill you. there are two resons for posting this. The first is to let folks know that if they enjoy shooting whether in the US or even the UK they don't need a firearm, they can use a BB gun.also it's a lot cheaper than a real gun to shoot and to own.
    As to the guy,well I only really wanted to show the shooting skill. It's hard to get an idea of what he's about from the one video.he mostly talks about gardening and the like. His views about the police are better understood if you listen to some of his experiences. I worked with the police for 25 years and I don't necessarily disagree wuith some of the things that he said, cops are people some are good friends others I wouldn't like to be in the same room as.
    The guy is poor and works three jobs......one of them is as a ranch hand, when things are slack he is paid to hunt rattle snakes which kill large numbers of calves. He says that they are too fast to just take aim and shoot, you have to shoot as soon as you see them.

Personnally I don't know if I would buy one of these guns, I do archery and I looked at it as a cheaper alternative, but I don't think I would enjoy it as much.

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Indeed. Just a couple of weeks ago my missus bought me a shooting experience involving archery, air rifle and paintball.
    I love shooting and guns.
    I just don't love general gun ownership.

10. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

Well politically or whatever I think you should have the right......not that I would choose to have a gun. Archery is very cool, but to darn expensive

11. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Air guns? They're about to be tightly regulated in Scotland with some sort of licensing system. The consultation process is under way as I type this. If it passes muster in Scotland, then you can bet it won't be too long before Wales, Northern Ireland and England follow suit.

12. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

Now why would that be? :mad: I mean you can't use it as a weapon even, just politicians wanting to control things..this won't make our American friends any keener about legislation on their gun rights....

13. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Controls have been brought in on BB guns as they were used for the majority of gun crime in England and Wales (cheaper than real firearms, easier to obtain and originally carrying a lighter sentence if used for criminal purposes).

14. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Actually you can. Several people in Scotland have been shot and either killed or seriously injured by air rifle shootings. The last straw was when a baby was shot and killed.

15. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

Like this? :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
  16. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

17. Kave

Kave Lunatic

In New Zealand our air-gun laws used to be pretty lax (I think you only had to be 16 to buy an air rifle). After Police Sergeant Don Wilkinson was fatally shot through the chest with an air-rifle our laws changed, now you need a firearms licence to own a PCP (pre-charged pneumatic) air rifle.

It appears that Air Guns are now so powerful you can use them for hunting deer and other large animals; and if you can kill a deer with a gun, you can kill a person. Gangs in New Zealand were buying high-powered air guns for criminal use, while not needing to get any licences. These days you can still buy a standard air rifle (useful for shooting targets or rabbits) without any licence, but if you need something high-powered you need a licence. I have no problem with this.

http://www.quackenbushairguns.com/index.html

18. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

I remember the shooting, but that's a long while back, but this is getting ridiculous isn't it?.it's all knee jerk reaction, and its covered by legislation anyway if you kill somebody it is the intent and the act not the method...and I wouldn't have thought that you could kill with an airgun, although a baby does have a weaker scull I believe ......................and it wouldn't attract a lesser sentence............I know of a case were a guy ( belive it or not, coz its a whopper) held up a garage with a bog roll in his pocket and got 5 years for armed robbery

19. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

You can modify them and the brocok was made illegal ( or rather certain models because they could be adapted)

20. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

There used to be different sentencing for crimes committed with firearms to crimes committed with imitation firearms. That was rectified in 2006/7. The wiki overview here is quite good:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_United_Kingdom