Shogun Rua in the UFC

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by mkiv, Jul 10, 2007.

1. mkiv

mkiv Valued Member

It has been rumored that Mauricio "Shogun" Rua will be fighting @ UFC76 on september 22nd 2007 in anaheim, his opponent right now is TBA, who do you think his first opponent will be inside the octagon. im hoping chuck, but i was wondering if any of you guys/gals had any thoughts on this.

2. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

i'd kinda like to see him fight houston alexander... but i'd also not like to tempt fate.

3. Red Bull

Red Bull Valued Member

Oh, he would so annihilate Chuck. What about Tito Ortiz? Ah hell, he would beat him too.

4. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

I remember reading in an article that he has some weird contract that's for the UFC and Pride...I'll try to find it. I might have been dreaming though...

5. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

I doubt it'll be against any of the big named, but probably someone recognizable (I hope). Maybe Sam Hogar, Jason Lambert, Alessio Sakara. I'd throw out Keith Jardine, but I'm not sure he'll get clearance. But all you really need for a guy like this is a good intro fight to get the fans talking, then start pitting him against the big names.

6. Lekta

Lekta Super-Valued Power Member

I'm just waiting for him to annihilate Jackson again if he still has the belt by then.

7. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Dana confirmed that Shogun will be fighting at UFC 76 against Lyoto Machida

Source

Not good to have 2 relatively unknown and basically undefeated fighters fight at this point in their careers.

I think Lyoto has a good shot of derailing Shogun and if that happens, Dana will be left with a fairly boring winner as opposed to Shogun

8. mkiv

mkiv Valued Member

Nice! good catch... thanks for the update.

i know that alessio sakara has his hands full with houston alexander @ UFC 75 in london.

9. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

Shogun's losses really did happen. Yeah, one was early in his career and the other could reasonably be considered a fluke, but that's what happens. Good fighters aren't immune to losing.

10. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

I understand that

11. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

I personally think that when(if) he fights Jackson for the belt it'll be a harder one to call than people think. Jackson seems to have improved alot, on paper he should have been a much tougher opponent for Shogun in 05. I think he's sorted his training out and will train especially for Shogun. It could be one of the best match-ups ever.

12. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

I actually think Rampage will surprise everyone when they/if they fight...

13. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Because he's a bad mamba jamba.

14. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

That and I think he will be training with someone who knows what a Thai clinch is

15. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

we all know Rick Franklin will be doing that :cool:
    will it help him? we'll see :rolleyes:

16. mkiv

mkiv Valued Member

it has been changed... the official bout is between Shogun vs Forrest griffin.

[​IMG]

17. Patrick_baji

Patrick_baji Valued Member

Go Shogun Go Shogun Go!

18. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

Jardine will be taken down pretty easy on this one I gather and Shogun will dismantle Griffin. I like Forrest but Shogun is a different class.

19. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

seconded :D