Shinobi Stealth

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Budo-Paladin, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Budo-Paladin

Budo-Paladin Genin

Hi everyone. Has anyone got any tips for improving the skill of stealth. So far i've collected info that you should stay low and keep to walls to achieve the quietist walk. Any other tips anyone....?

2. gornex

gornex Valued Member

get a camouflage pattern tattooed all over your body

3. gakure

gakure I am watching you....

Watch more Naruto.

4. Terao

Terao Valued Member

nuff said lol

5. Budo-Paladin

Budo-Paladin Genin

Most people will be annoyed with this but i do watch naruto. I am learning bits of ninjutsu from it, but i need to limit my mind as to what i will believe....Any other ideas? :rolleyes:

6. Paragonfortytwo

Paragonfortytwo Resident Wierdo.

Or just practice for 20 years..... :D
    "Make your warrior's walk your everyday walk". Musashi.

Jen

7. Budo-Paladin

Budo-Paladin Genin

I have recently discovered something. When you run up the stairs, try to jump, so your feet aren't high of the next step when they peak their height. Then bring them down softly... it works, and you can do it at speed. Now to master coming down stairs..... :p

8. gakure

The fact you said this seriously make me LOL. I will humor you though, what ninjutsu can be learned from naruto

Flame Breath:
    [​IMG]

Lightning Hands:

[​IMG]

Sand Manipulation:
    [​IMG]

9. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

You forgot Farty Pants :D

10. Budo-Paladin

Budo-Paladin Genin

Well. sinse i started watching several weeks ago. Now i know what;
    jutsu
    kunai
    genin, chuunin, jounin
    and several other things are.

11. gakure

I learned that from a japanese dictionary....amazing. What does it mean?

You understand thats a farming trowling and not a double sided knife.

[​IMG]

Genin = Lower nins actually do the assignments
    Chunin = Middle Mangement
    Jonin = Upper Mangement (1 per Clan) who gets the assignments.

I doubt that how it works in Naruto.

12. gakure

Come back to the forum when you are 17. I am done with you.

13. Budo-Paladin

Budo-Paladin Genin

:D That's exactly how it works in naruto! And, jutsu means technique i believe. - ha look at me. i've only been 9th kyu 3 months and i'm giving out info i've learnt to others. :cool:

14. ninjapiratecapn

ninjapiratecapn Est. 1986

That's great. Except none of those things has anything to do with any ninjutsu in existance today, with the exception of kunai, which are grossly misrepresented on Naruto. You have to realize that Naruto is fiction, and its creator is not trying to represent anything even close to real ninjutsu. In fact, as far as I know, the mangaka who draws Naruto has never even studied ninjutsu, so it's impossible for him to show any real ninjutsu at all.

I used to like Naruto, but since I started training in ninjutsu, I just want to throw a brick into my TV screen every time I see it... seriously, turn off your TV, go find a dojo, and learn REAL ninjutsu. Forget everything you've ever seen on Naruto, ninja movies, etc. It's all BS.

15. Budo-Paladin

Budo-Paladin Genin

I do learn ninjutsu. And i see what you mean about naruto, but i'll watch it a little longer and then get an opinion on it.

16. gakure

The fact that you can't feel my sacarm through the internet means I wasn't laying it on hard enough or your just that dense.

I'll bite 9th kyu in what? Where you train?

jutsu = art waza = technique

And I read the naruto manga before, it not how the genin,-> jonin structure works, a jonin went on the first mission, jonin never went of missions. Why am I still giving you information, done now.

17. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Remind me to whack you with a Shinai on Saturday! :D :D

Seriously though IMO working towards moving quiet is a good thing, in that you hopefully get rid of excessive movement and develop good breath control but then this is all stuff that you will develop through training your Taijutsu anyway.

Work slowly on your Sanshin and pay attention to your body structure as you move through it.

Again IMO You should focus more on keeping the other guy wondering about whats happening, rather than being able to get from the pub via Shadow and roof top :rolleyes: .

Norm said something on here a while back that might be relevant:

Don't rely on the above though it's only my opinion. :eek:

Last edited: May 28, 2007
  18. ninjapiratecapn

ninjapiratecapn Est. 1986

Quote from Hiden no Togakure Ryu Ninpo by Soke Hatsumi:

The only reason I didn't list jutsu as a part of ninjutsu earlier is because of the way that Naruto shows jutsu. On Naruto, jutsu is just some guy waving his fingers around to make himself able to breathe fire... that is clearly nothing to do with ninjutsu.

Secondly, if you do train somewhere and are a 9 kyu (assuming you've been there for three months, I assume you've been training at least six months or so) then you should already know that Naruto is BS, and not even try to learn anything from it. Go and tell your instructor what you've learned from Naruto, and tell him you're learning from an anime, and I'm pretty sure he'll tell you to stop trying to learn martial arts from your television.

19. Budo-Paladin

Budo-Paladin Genin

Cheers spooky. Oh and violence never solved anything. So don't use your shinai on me unless i provoke you. :D :p lol

20. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

You're lucky I changed my mind, at first it was going to be a Bokuto not Shinai!

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.