shenmue 3!?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Martial One, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Martial One

Martial One Martial Way student

ok i have shenmue 2 and watched shenmue 1 the movie, im hoping to play it sometime as well. but i was wondering how many people want shenmue 3 to be made? I read on the shenmue site that they will be glad to make it if it is on demand.

2. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

I would be a very happy man if they made Shenmue 3. I feel the series should have a conclusion. I was a big fan of the first two. Shenmue 2 was much better than part 1. I have read some things of them making a "Shenmue Online"... why, I don't know.

3. silksword

silksword New Member

shenmue sucked, couldve been way better, too much time trekking across the cities(couldve atlest made him run faster) and not being able to skip cinemas ive alredy seen gets old. other than that it was okay

4. DEATHskull

DEATHskull TKD Bearfighter

The first one was awesome, the second one lacked advancements and innovations and the controls were extremely bad. Also, carrying around boxes for hours on end got extremely boring.

5. PsiCop

The first one was boring. It was more like a slow moving detective story. The second one is filled with action and adventure. It's very exciting.

6. Martial One

Martial One Martial Way student

there is one thing i didn't get about it, the guy was murdered, yet you see no police...

7. PsiCop

Hmm, I never actually considered that. Maybe they came a short time afterwards, but they left it out. They perhaps said they'd look into it and took the body. (you don't see a funeral and Iwao Hazuki's body is gone) If you tried hard enough, I bet you could find a decent excuse.

8. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

PLEASE :love: This was one of my most favourite game series. I do hope that they release the third part.
    As for the online game, it's being released in Korea and Japan only, it looks pretty good though.

9. ow3d

ow3d New Member

the reason that there is no police is because ryo said that he wanted to do this by himself and didn't want the cops to be involved. he says it if you dial the police number in shenmue 1.

10. PsiCop

Interesting tidbit, ow3d. There's so many details in the games that you can never try everything.

11. TheMaster

TheMaster Valued Member

I loved shenmue 1 and 2. If only shenmue 2 was a big hit on xbox it would be a differnt story :cry:

12. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

I tried Shenmue 2. It was like life...but slower. With worse movement controls. It requires more patience than most people I know have.

13. GojuKJoe

GojuKJoe Valued Member

I loved them both and I really hope they make a third one.

14. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

Yea the controls kind of suck on both of them. But once I got the controls down the fighting was pretty fun. If they made a 3 Id probably play it just to see the end.

15. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

i liked both games and thought the fighting was fairly realistic, as the most effective techniques were low kicks, punches, and clinch takedowns.

16. PsiCop

Yes, I really liked the fighting system as it was extremely realistic. No over the top moves or fireballs.