少林棍法闡宗 Shaolin Staff Ancient Manual: Stance 1 to 11

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by kyrasym, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

I think he means that the stick practice is the best of their practices, not that their practice is the best of stick practices.

2. shootodog

shootodog restless native

gotcha! thanks!

3. kyrasym

kyrasym Valued Member

@Ratty and Late_for_dinner

Thank you, I'm flattered. :)

4. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Anyway, with regards to the videos, interesting to see the textbook brought to life as it were. Purely technical points for improvement, you need to link your body movements better, so that your legs and waist drive your arms (this will probably come with practice). You also need to poke less with your front hand and drive more with your rear hand on the thrusts.
    Do you do Kung Fu beyond this project?

5. Bruce W Sims

Bruce W Sims Banned Banned

Once again, I don't have a dog in this fight, but I would simply like to point out that Ap Oweyn makes a decent point. For my part I have grown a bit tired of people simply saying something non-specific and not making a valid contribution to the discussion.

For myself, I have problems with the OP's swordwork and told him what I thought. I think we have rather much agreed to disagree. But the point was that someone else reading the exchange would have information upon which to make up their own mind which, to me, advances the quality of the discussion. I think the same thing could happen here regarding the Staff work. FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce