Shaking off the rust

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Unreal Combat, May 2, 2015.

1. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Been out of training for the better part of six months so I am a bit rusty. Been getting too complacent so I've started training again to get myself back into fighting shape and fitness.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSoh0CACPSA"]Low Kick Training[/ame]

2. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

Cool, looks pretty good to me!
    Keep that left hand up when you throw your cross...

3. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Has it been that long? For the English Title, IIRC. Did you take that long off by choice or just having a hard time finding matches on the local?

4. Unreal Combat

Had a hard time finding decent training due to the politics of running my own club. I don't roll with my old gym due to people making things a bit too personal for my liking. It's too complex and some of it too personal to discuss openly on the forum.

So now I generally get some training in with the guys in my gym when I can. I'm not above getting stuck in with the lads as long as attention to the newer members doesn't get neglected.

5. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Well, here's hoping you can find a suitable situation. All your stuff, from the Interclubs to the last one were good fun to watch.

6. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Attention to your students is nothing but a credit to you dude. Onwards and upwards!

Mitch

7. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

I understand that pain. It's hard to strike a balance when your time is so limited but good on you for getting back! You'll be back to best in no time :D

8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

This, definitely.

For what it's worth, if I lived in your area I'd train with you in a heart beat.

I've seen videos of you sparring your new students and I can just tell that you take care of them.

I look forward to finally meeting you at the MAP Meet.

9. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

In related news, "Three Arrows Gym" remains my favourite name for a martial arts club EVER.

That is all.

10. Unreal Combat

Thanks mate. I'm glad you enjoyed watching them.

Thankyou.

I hope so. It kills me watching others training for fights but not being able to do it myself. Sure I can self train but it's just not the same.

I'm looking forward to it too. Here's hoping I can get transport there.

Thanks. :)