SFUK Open Mat at Seni

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Levo, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Levo

Levo Nathan Leverton

Event: Seni03
    Date: 26/27th April, 2003
    Seni03 Tickets: £6 (advance), £8 (on door), £10 weekend pass (advance)
    Ticket line: 0870 7300063
    Email: seni03@btopenworld.com

Seni is Europe's biggest martial arts expo featuring hundreds of stalls, product launches, screenings, demos, bouts from various combat sports and much more!

This year they have asked Submission Fighting UK to hold one of their hugely popular Open Mats at the event as part of their drive to promote grappling and Mixed Martial Arts to the masses.

The SFUK Open Mat will run from approximately 10.30am on BOTH DAYS and is FREE once you have paid to enter Seni03. Grappling and MMA workshops will run until 2.30pm both days at which time the mat will be given over to the KSBO organization for the finals of their limited rules and grappling tournaments.

Instructors who have donated their time for Free to teach on the SFUK Open Mat include:

• Gracie Barra UK Team
    • Danny Batten - top UK lightweight
    • Karl Tanswell - Straight Blast Gym UK
    • Jess Liaudin & Paul Hines - London Pancrase
    • Nathan Leverton - Leicester Shootfighting

SFUK Open Mats are NOT A COMPETION! It is a shared training experience and social event for the betterment of our sport. Bullies and big egos need not apply.

** Please make the effort to attend this Open Mat and support our sport. A good showing will lead to MMA and grappling having a much more prominent roll in future Seni events **

So, bring your training gear along to this great show and lets show the other arts what we are about.

Nathan - www.SFUK.net

PS: We hope that you are all responsible and have up to date training insurance. However, anyone training on the OM will be asked to sign a disclaimer stating that you understand grappling is a contact sport and do not hold the organisers responsible for any injuries. We can't have you stubbing a toe on the edge of a mat and suing our asses!

2. alekto

alekto New Member

I might just bring my training gear and have a roll for a while...... :)

3. Russ

Russ New Member

Cool! I'll be bringing a spare t-shirt and some shorts then.
    See you Saturday.:D

4. Levo

Levo Nathan Leverton

Cool, see you there guys :)

Nathan

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I'd love to - but I'm away in Glasgow mashing MAPers errr.... I mean teaching a seminar :Angel:

6. Levo

Levo Nathan Leverton

7. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Yeah - I know.