Seventh's Super Sexy Sushi Time

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Seventh, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Routine B - Arms (Pull)
    Saturday, Febuary 4th, 2012

Warm Up:
    -Suburi 100 swings

Man Portion:
    - Inverted Body weight Rows 3 x 7 reps
    - Bent Over Rows (Single Arm) 3 x 5 reps
    - Bicep Curls (Single Arm) 1 x 6 reps (for lulz, as the great Fish would say)

Cool Down:
    - Stretching
    - Joint Rotations

Notes: Took a wooden dowel I had lying around and used that for the Subari (http://www.bestkendo.com/kendo-training.html). I know I'm not learning swordwork and I have no fantasy that I am, it was just to mix things up, ad it was quite fun doing!

For the Bent Over Rows I used a canister of water (image in spoiler). The canister held roughly 18.9L/15 Gallons (1 gallon = 8 pounds, so 40 pounds/18 kilograms?) Was quite fun yet again, and proved a moderate challenge. Though to be honest, my left arm (the injured one) struggled, so I stopped a a few reps early on the last set.

[​IMG]

Bicep curls were done with a bag filled with water bottles. Weighed out at roughly 20 pounds.

Overall, I felt pretty good about this workout. I gave myself a rest day yesterday because I felt both tired and lazy (mostly lazy though). Got an okay amount of sleep last night, and I drank a good amount of water. Overall, feeling pretty good.

2. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

I think 1 litre of water = 1kg so pretty impressive single arm BORs there :)

3. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

dude, you should film some of those improv drills and post them in the member's workouts thread.

4. Seventh

I prefer to stay anonymous, though I'll think about it.

5. Fish Of Doom

6. Seventh

Lol, I've got an old Halloween mask I can wear. I might video tomorrows workout (legs).

7. Fish Of Doom

8. Seventh

Routine C - Legs
    Sunday, Febuary 5th, 2012

Warm Up:
    - Leg Swings
    - Lunges 2 x 10
    - Joint Rotations

Main Portion:
    - Squats 3 x 15 reps
    - Assisted Pistols (used door) 2 x 5
    - Calf Raises 3 x 12 reps

Cool Down:
    - Stretching
    - Leg Swings
    - Joint Rotations

Notes: I spent extra effort focusing on squat form, and I still have a ways to go. Made sure to look up and to pay attention in keeping knees from collapsing inwards. Will see if I have a rope or band and use that as an aid.

Ate a lot, big breakfast and dinner. Didn't drink as much water, but hopefully I offset it with the amount fruit I ate.

I got less sleep then usual, around seven, maybe eight hours. New semester is starting tomorrow so I'll have get my sleeping pattern back into gear.

EDIT: THANKS FRODO, FISH, AND SIMON FOR THE HELP WITH THE SQUATS
    *gives cake*

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  9. Seventh

Routine D - Core
    Monday, Febuary 6th, 2012

Warm Up:
    - Light Shadow Boxing
    - One Armed Kettlebell Swing 2 x 10 reps
    - Single Leg Dead Lift 2 x 10 reps
    - Joint Rotations

Main Portion:
    - Leg Lifts 2 x 15 reps
    - Side plank (Left) 2 x 25 sec
    - Russian Twists 3 x 20 reps
    - Side plank (Right) 2 x 25 sec
    - Reverse Crunches 2 x 10 reps
    - Planks 2 x 35 sec

Cool Down:
    - Stretching
    - Joint Rotations
    - Nice, long shower

Notes: For the kettle bell movements, I used the same bag that I used for the bicep curls, which is essentially a grocery shopping bag (the cloth ones)
    filled with water bottles weighing out at roughly 20 pounds. Same bag was also used for the SL Deadlifts.

Main workout felt good, considering my physical condition. Ankle joints and the general leg were sore. I suspect its from both my habit of shaking my leg when in class, and running and jumping around.

Eating today was sporadic, missing my lunch, because some "geniuses" couldn't organize my schedule (and the other 50 students lining up) for jack. Ended up running around trying to sort things out because all the teachers were scattered. Water consumption was decent, which is good. Sleep was better last night as well, hitting 8 hours at least. Still felt tired though - _ -'

10. Seventh

Rest
    Tuesday, Febuary 7th, 2012

Just did some light shadow boxing. Sleep was meh, but food and water consumption was decent.

---------------------------------------------

Routine E - Full Body
    Wednesday, Febuary 8th, 2012

Warm Up:
    - Light Shadow Boxing
    - Joint Rotations

Main Portion:
    - Inverted Bodyweight Rows (regular) 8 reps
    - Leg Lifts 8 reps
    - Squats 20 reps
    (x3)

- Push Ups 12 reps
    - Russian Twists 20 reps
    - Calf Raises 12 reps
    (x3)

Cool Down:
    - Stretching
    - Joint Rotations
    - Nice, long shower

Notes: Workout was okay. Sleep was lack luster, and consumption of food was hectic due to schedule. Water consumption was better.

---------------------------------------------

Rest
    Wednesday, Febuary 9th, 2012

Did some light punching, footwork, and kicking drills. I had a headache, but today was a crappy day, so the work helped ease my mind. Lack of sleep has accumulated it's toll, and water and food consumption today were lackluster at best. This week has been rough, aiming for next week to improve.

11. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Sorry to hear about the headache, but good on you for getting up and doing something light. Keep it going!

12. Seventh

Routine A - Arms (Push)
    Saturday, Febuary 11th, 2012

Warm Up:
    - Shadow Boxing 2M x 2R
    - Joint Rotations

Main Portion:
    - Push Ups (Regular) 3 x 9 reps
    - Push Ups (Wide Grip) 2 x 6 reps
    - Triceps Dips 3 x 8 reps

Cool Down:
    - Stretching
    - Joint Rotations

Notes: Yesterday was pretty good. Decent sleep, food, and water consumption. I love weekends, so much! Will update this log later today for today's workout.

13. Seventh

Thanks mate :D

14. Seventh

Routine B - Arms (Pull)
    Sunday, February 12th, 2012

Warm Up:
    - Subari 100 reps
    - Joint Rotations

Main Portion:
    - Inverted Bodyweight Rows (regular) 3 x 8 reps
    - Single Arm Bent Over Rows 3 x 5 reps
    - Bicep Curls 1 x 10 reps
    - Pull Up 1 x 1 (for the lolz)

Cool Down:
    - Stretching
    - Joint Rotations

Notes: Today's workout felt good again. The IBR's are getting easier, and while they are still providing a challenge, I'm feeling stronger when doing them. The same can be said for the SA BOR's and the Bicep Curls. Managed to do a few extra reps on both, and even tossed in a pull up for the lolz :p

Equipment wise, a 15 Gallon bottle filled with water was used for the SA BOR's, and a bag weighing around 20 pounds for the curls.

Sleep was better, and food and water consumption was quite fine. Cereal is tasty :)

15. Seventh

Cardio
    Monday, February 13th, 2012

12-15 minutes of shadow boxing

Notes: Didn't feel like working to legs, so I'll do them tomorrow. Sleep was awesome last night, but woke up kind slowly. Didn't feel as sluggish though compared to last week, which is good! Food and water consumption were consistent again today, and I'm feeling pretty good physically for today.

16. Seventh

Rest
    Saturday, February 18th, 2012

Notes: D'OH! I've been occupied this last week and have repeatably forgotten to update this log. Basically the last few days were fine. Did some work with the legs. Squats are looking much better. Thinking of working the calves a little more, as I have kinda under worked them. In terms of the core, I'm going to put some more work into planks, working my way up to bird dogs. Once I have that down, I might progress to frog stands (Sylverstorm-inspired). Right now though I'm going to work my way to bird dogs. Those have always been my weakness.

Sleep, food and water consumption, have been fine, and I got an excellent amount of sleep last night. Overall feeling good that the weekend is here!

Off Topic: Grams, moles, molecular mass, all these chemistry units hurt my ass.

17. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Bird dogs shouldn't really need working up to, you should be able to start them immediately - your glutes and lower back will thank you for doing them!

And I agree with you about the chemistry! :)

18. Seventh

Kneeling bird dogs are fine, but doing to plank version proves to be a problem. My max holding time is 5 seconds, and my left arm has difficulty bearing the weight without the aid of my right arm.

For now I'm going to strengthen up doing just regular planks, both in the push up position and in the bridge position.

19. Seventh

Routine A - Arms (Push)
    Sunday, Febuary 19th, 2012

Warm Up:
    - Shadow Boxing 2M x 2R
    - Joint Rotations

Main Portion:
    - Push Ups (Regular) 3 x 8 reps
    - Push Ups (Wide Grip) 2 x 7 reps
    - Triceps Dips 3 x 5 reps

Cool Down:
    - Stretching
    - Joint Rotations

Notes: Left arm felt sketchy, so I eased up on the dips. Sleep was okay, food and water consumption was better.

On an unrelated note, I'm picking my courses for next year. Excited especially for Grade 12 Chemistry and Psychology, not too much Grade 11 Physics, though I'm taking it since some people are saying it helps with the Chemistry, since the Grade 12 course has something called "Quantum Chemistry" or something. Will have to ask around.

20. Seventh

Routine B - Arms (Pull)
    Monday, Febuary 20th, 2012

Warm Up:
    - Subari 1 x 100 reps
    - Joint Rotations
    - Light Stretching

Main Portion:
    - Inverted Bodyweight Rows (regular) 3 x 8 reps
    - Single Arm Bent Over Rows 3 x 5 reps
    - Bicep Curls 1 x 10 reps

Cool Down:
    - Stretching
    - Joint Rotations

Notes: For the rows, I eased up and dropped a set for the left arm, just to be safe. One and a half more weeks till I get to the doctor, I don't want to screw up now. Overall though, workout felt good. Sleep was okay, but made up for with a comfy nap. Food and water consumption were good.

Off Topic: Asked around, turns out that Grade 12's get priority when it comes to the courses, but if their is room, and younger person in a younger grade (ie. Me) can get in. Hopefully I get in!

Back on topic, tried to add in a pull up or the lolz. Failed miserably though lol. Oh well. Anyways, leg portion tomorrow.