sets/rep scheme for hypertrophy

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by JKD_forever, Nov 9, 2005.

1. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems that i am steadily gaining strength even though i cheat i lately do mostly bodybuilding stuff. well as long as it doesn't hurt :p
    anyway I'm about to try Superdrol, so i need a solid program for four weeks.id like something new i haven't tried yet and i decided on simple torso/ lower body+arms 4 times a week, in other words ABxABxx
    where
    Workout A: Torso
    Chest (General)
    Back (General)
    Chest (Upper)
    Back (General)
    Deltoid (Front)
    Deltoid (Side)
    Deltoid (Rear)
    Trapezius (Upper)

Workout B: Legs & Arms
    Quadriceps
    Hamstrings
    Quadriceps
    Calves (General)
    Triceps
    Biceps

Im looking for rep/set. Since im doing each section two times /week i assume they should differ. Probly first combo could be 4 x 8. Then later in week maybe 5 x 5?
    Anyother suggestions are more then welcome.

Cheers mapers :cool:

2. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

I wouldn't run more than 20-30 mg a day for 3 weeks. Make sure that you have some good PCT and run it while you're taking it (milk thistle, red yeast rice, coq10, etc). I'd run a semi-high volume, you can handle it on the Superdrol and you should take advantage of the extra volume you can handle.

I would switch your arms to workout A

Workout A: Torso
    A)bench:5X5
    B)Pendlay row:5X5
    C1)inc db press:3X8-10
    C2)chins:3X8-10
    D1) Face Pulls - 3x12
    D2) Tri Ext - 3x12
    E1) Side Raises - 2x10
    E2) Curls - 2x10

Workout B:
    Squats:5X5
    Bulgarian Squats:3X8-10
    Good mornings:4X6
    Seated calf raise:3X15
    cable crunch:4X10

Workout C:
    A)bench:5X5 (try and add 5 pounds over work A)
    A2)pendlay row:5X5 (same as bench)
    B)push press:4X8
    C1)overhead lockouts:3X10
    C2)hammer curls:3X10
    C3)triple deltas:3X3

Workout D:
    A)squats:5X5 (try and add 5 pounds from workout B)
    B)Romanian deadlifts:4X6
    C)front squats:3X8
    D1)standing calves:3X12
    D2)russian twists:3X12
    [/QUOTE]

I'm not looking so much at set/rep tweaks as I am increasing weight and messing with the assistance movements. Anyway, this is what you get from me after just waking up and downing way to much coffee. ;)

3. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey man thx i knewi can count on you hehe
    A quick question however. Dont you think adding arms to workout A is too much maybe?
    Frankly for legs id do squats and dl thats it. What you think? Maybe just shoulders and legs on same day?

4. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Nope, I wouldn't move the arms to the next day. If you're worried about sheer numbers, drop all teh arm sets down to 2. The problem with working shoulders with legs is that you've already worked teh shoulders quite a bit the day before and I think it would be over doing them. You could drop the side raises on workout a. And, technically, you could drop the shoulder isolation stuff period because they'll get worked with the benching, rowing, etc.