Senshi-ryu

Discussion in 'Karate' started by puma, Aug 30, 2012.

1. puma

puma Valued Member

Anyone ever heard of Senshi-ryu? Been asked to ask on here. I've never heard of it.

2. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

3. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

4. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

5. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

Oops, sorry Moosey. Ill be slower with my BAMS! in the future.

6. Shotokan_Andy

Shotokan_Andy Valued Member

7. puma

puma Valued Member

It's definitely not a ninja group but thanks anyway!:)

Moosey, I think that might be them. Guy who asked did say the dude teaching claimed to be a master of Karate and goodness knows what. It was in Essex, I remember him saying. I'll see him next week so I will show him. Doesn't look like a legit club though from what I can see. What does "senshi" mean? And 8th dan in "warrior arts?" Bit broad isn't it?

8. puma

puma Valued Member

I absolutely love that bow on the mauve belt grading!

9. puma

puma Valued Member

And the random cartwheels,

10. puma

puma Valued Member

It was that group. I have just watched the British Fudoshin lot again. I have to say I am bemused. The multi-coloured gi's. The outbreak of the Macarena every time someone tries to bow. It's bonkers! Some of the moves seemed okay to be fair, others complete nonsense. Why finish a move with a cartwheel? I've never seen anything like it. What style of Ju-jitsu was that? Doesn't seem traditional. I then went back to the Senshi-ryu website to see of any link, and I see a picture of a guy dressed all in black doing some kind of pose with a sword, wearing what seems to be a pair of sunglasses! I'm confused!

What do you all make of the claims by that Steve Knight guy? Does anyone know what he is a professor in? There also doesn't seem to be any mention of what style karate he does. Not that I can see anyway. With claims like that, if true, you would have thought someone on here would have heard of him.

11. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

12. puma

puma Valued Member

No, it doesn't does it? He may be amazing for all I know, but it does seem all a bit made up. Why wouldn't someone like this be putting on seminars for the martial arts public if he has that much to offer?

13. caveman

caveman Threadkiller

14. caveman

caveman Threadkiller

What is it about the Saudi royal family? I see so many of these shadey "masters" who's CV includes security for them. Does the whole family have contracts on their heads? They must have a private army of dodgy old martial artist hovering around them at all times.

15. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Now I see the connection with your other post in the jujitsu section.

The list of his generic ranking does look very strange.

16. puma

puma Valued Member

I thought the ju-jitsu guys might have some info which would spread some light on this Steve Knight fellow.

There is no mention who awarded hin Soke either from what I can see.

17. GaryWado

GaryWado Tired

Do you get awarded a "Soke-ship"?

Or is it when you are the head of your system / school you are soke by default?

18. puma

puma Valued Member

Don't know.

19. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

20. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member