SENI 2009 cancelled

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Taffyleigh, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Just thought i'd let you know i've just got an email saying SENI is cancelled this year due to countries financial crisis and will be held next year instead!!! I'm totally hacked off, i missed it last year and i will miss it next year because i'm away on hols that time of year so i'll be skint. I've been saving like crazy to go, looking forward to a good knees up now thats gone out of the window, my missus says i can use the money to take her and the kids on holidays instead!!!!!

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

So, coming to the Meet this year? ;)

3. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

So it's to do with the fact that there's not much 'leisure cash' floating around this year? Fair enough.

Nothing to do with the fact that since they moved it to London they lost over half of their punters and it's been crap compared to what it used to be :rolleyes:

4. It was far better at the NEC.

Who's to say the financial crisis won't be over/worse by next year?

5. jonwade

jonwade Valued Member

Sad news. But I agree, moving it from the NEC seemed like a bad more. They should look to have two smaller venues and host twice a year instead.

6. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Not sure if that would have worked unless you were thinking of a London event and a North of England event? Even at that, the special thing about Seni was that it was one of a kind annual event IMHO.

7. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Attended a couple of times and truly I don't think its that big of a loss.. a bit overblown for what it was.. maybe something better will pop up.

powchoy

8. Liffguard

Liffguard Valued Member

As long as the Gracie Invitational still runs this year, independent from Seni, I won't shed any tears.

9. forever young

forever young Valued Member

The gracie invitational will be held this year on sat 2nd and sunday 3rd may at a location tba but will be in or around the london area.