Seminars for Philippines Typhoon Aid - Post Details Here

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by EmptyHandGuy, Nov 16, 2013.

1. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

I know of several seminars that are being organised to raise money for aid for the Philippines after the recent typhoon, would it be acceptable to post details for such events on MAP or will it breach TOS?

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I think that as long as all monies are going to charity it's a very worthy cause and MAP would be happy to support it. :)

If anyone has details of charity events to raise funds to help those affected by the Philippines Typhoon, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Mitch

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  3. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Thanks Mitch. Much appreciated.

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I've been invited to a blade seminar on the 8th December and payment is by anonymous donation. All proceeds go to the disaster victims.

I've asked to organiser if it's an open event and if I can post details here.

5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Thanks due to GB-UK really, his idea :)

Mitch

6. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Very true. Cheers GB-UK. I'm thinking about doing likewise with the college when I'm back on campus. Not sure if that's allowed by the college or no. Will find out, I guess.

7. EmptyHandGuy

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  8. blindside

blindside Valued Member

9. frownland

frownland 【ツ】

No details yet, but Fight World Downs in Toowoomba Qld are trying to organise a fund-raising seminar with Tino Ceberano in early December.

10. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I've just spoken to slipthejab and he is currently based in Cebu.

His words were, " we just got hammered by an earthquake a tornado and a super typhoon. The poor people here got just annihilated".

If you can attend a seminar, please do. If you can't, then even your change thrown in a charity bucket will help make such a difference.

I'm also attending a seminar run by Ian Forster, but as places are limited I can't post the details here.

The fee is anonymous donation, which is nice because all can give what they can, or feel they should.

11. EmptyHandGuy

Places will be limited at the event at moifa as well so if you want to go contact Paul ASAP. Going from the FB page there are 12 people confirmed so far.

There is also a seminar being organised for early December, it will be a three hour seminar with Guro's Bill Lowery, Jimi McAvoy and Darren Langthorne who will be teaching elements from their arts (Doce Pares, Blind Princess Escrima and Warriors Eskrima). £10 per person with further details of date, time and venue to come soon.

12. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

My friend who attends Kickfit gym in Nottingham recently posted this up on Facebook. I have edited it slightly to tidy up the paragraphing etc and to include proper contact details for anyone interested.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  13. EmptyHandGuy

I remember reading somewhere that Tuhon Pat O'Malley is organising a multi-style event, I'm sure he will post details!

14. EmptyHandGuy

ESKRIMA SKIRMISH

Aid for the Philippines

Sunday 1st December 2013
    12:00 - 16:00

Eskrimadors Gym
    Lordswood Leisure Centre
    North Dane Way
    Chatham
    Kent
    ME5 8YE

NO trophies, NO medals, NO titles, NO weight categories, NO divisions, NO judges, NO winners or losers.

Men, Women, Children, anyone fights anyone. Simply make agreements on the day with anyone else there to fight or perform from the below list of events. Enter the arena as many times as you like. PLEASE attend and support

Entry is FREE!!!
    Anyone playing pays £1 per person per visit to the arena. Visit it as many times as you like. There will be a donation box for those who attend but don't wish to play in the arena, feel free to donate all you wish. There will be cakes and tasty snacks available to buy. ALL money taken will go to registered charities working to bring aid to the victims of the Filipino disaster.

HEADGEAR / BODY PROTECTOR
    Single Stick
    Double Stick
    Two Person Tag Team
    Three Person Tag Team
    One vs Two
    Two vs Two
    (Option to add spinning techniques, rolling, punching, kicking. Simply let the 'Safety Referee' know before you fight)

PADDED STICK:
    Single Stick
    Double Stick
    Espada y Daga
    Knife
    (Option to add spinning techniques, rolling, punching, kicking. Simply let the 'Safety Referee' know before you fight)

OTHER:
    Close Quarters
    Form
    Synchronised Form
    Demonstrations

Contact details via the FB link below:

http://www.facebook.com/gubadocepares.intl/posts/469107113210682?notif_t=tagged_with_story

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  15. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

I'm still trying to finalise venue and date for our multi style event in Torquay. Devon.

So far we have Anis karate Kenpo and boxing.

16. EmptyHandGuy

17. shootodog

shootodog restless native

In the Philippines

[​IMG]

18. shootodog

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  19. shootodog