Seloun-Do

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Alexander, Dec 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pkaaaww!!

Pkaaaww!! Not-So-Valued Member. Yet

Okay, I got Saccade to sign up since he's being kind enough to put me up for the time I'm in London.
    You can direct all the questions you have to him though I dont think he'kl be answering many until all his legal stuff is sorted out.
    So you can contact him through his profile if you don't use the link I given you.

2. Pkaaaww!!

Sorry. When the profile's activated.
    Mine took five minutes when I signed up from here.
    Guess we're still waitin. 24hrs, so by 1800 Sunday October 12th.

3. qigong

qigong Valued Member

whoop whoop ,its the sound of the police , whoop whoop its the sound of the...........

4. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

SAS shall kill you from 600meters without you knowing they were there.In a fire fight (which they tend to avoid) they depend on superior fire power.Unarmed combat is waaay down in their agenda.To my knowledge there is no specific martial art used by any british army unit.

As far as aikido is concerned, the SAS uses what feel shall be effective.I have trained in Aikido riai for forty plus years and have friends and students who were/are members of the regiment.I have taught at SAS bases on numerous accasions and the emphasis has been on taking down and imobilising hostages (when they may be terrorists) or fighting in kevlar and other equipment.Or during escape and evasion.

They typically only showed interest in techniques that THEY thought practical the fact that I cross train was important.They do not need long term imstruction in "martial arts"
    SAS surprise agression and sustain.Add to that the fitness and ATTITUDE of the troopers and any pragmatic unarmed techniques will do.I would much prefare to face a ist dan in any art rather than an SAS trooper.

regards koyo

My honest opinion? These guys do not need martial arts training...they have passed selection.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  5. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

Please, people:

Scottish in particular, since you seem to be the most in contact. I think Jason's PM'd you about this.

Will you hang on the slack on this until the Penguin (or is that luncheon trumpet - can't remember...), who's got a major sad on, and the gobbler's gulch (wait a mo' - I used to be there too... Hmmm...) that's being talked about here has finished his self-devised, manky milk run and has called off the goolie chit on me..?

The whole situation's gash and I don't want it getting any worse - I don't even know what the griff is yet... It's probably all just duff anyway.

I suppose I'll find out tomorrow.

Either way, because of certain... erm... issues or whatever you call them - I am going to have to refuse you, Alexander, information until litigation is done and dusted.

After that, I'll happily let you know anything you want.

I trained in Seloundo (amongst other things) from 2nd of February 1999 until I quit, by email, on the 10th of September 2008.
    Some of the things that have been said here are true, some are false *Glares at Pkaaww* and some are just Dockyard Omlette.

This thread just sounds like a dripping tap - it's time to tighten the metaphorical gromits and fittings and shut this blare up before it provides more dolly mixture for the duffer in question (or answer, whichever makes more sense to you, since they've "moved on...").

After I've got the matter cleared up, for I cannot say what it is that has driven A J Marie to get the police to ask me to come for a chat (I've not been arrested and have no idea what the "allegations" are, as yet - will do by this time tomorrow.), I will be happy to speak openly about anything that you wish.

I would prefer it to be by PM or email, but as someone here has said - information wants to be know (though not those words)... The truth, which lies somewhere in between my own and A J Marie's stories, as it always does (except I have evidence to back up mine that is based in fact, not hearsay), deserves to be told.

It seems that, due to being dicked into doing this, the burden falls upon myself.

I would like to say more at this juncture, but as I'm being webstalked by a certain person, I think it prudent to keep my lip (or fingers) firmly buttoned until I have found out just wtf is going on, why I'm being targeted for harassment and being spoken ill of when I have done nothing but help and advise.

I'm going to, after this post, remain doggo and get some doss-time in preparation for my, bloody annoying (especially as I have a friend who is dying - a few weeks left at most - in an hospice and I'd rather be visiting HIM tomorrow than sorting this drip out... If I miss fencing tomorrow night, I'm going to be VERY angry) "chat" with the coppers tomorrow morning, 1100.

Let's hope they realise that A J Marie has done this to many of his pupils and that he is just wasting their (that includes any UK tax-payer's) time and money, chasing fruitless gripes because they've had their pride and ego knocked a bit.

Wouldn't a Martial Master have a bit more in them than to hold grudges and cause problems for people who "if aren't with me are against me"?

Alex and any other members of the old school - if you want anything, just ask and I'll do my best, as always, to give you the straight story.

When everything's SNAFU'd again...

:rolleyes:

6. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

By the way, about the Scot (not Grollies, Super Foot the other one, Koyo.) with the SAS stories...

Were you Platform Four'd or do you just like the Regiment. Or "Blades" as is preferred?

In my experience with these guys at places such as Lympstone and Exmoor, Pirbright, etc... they either don't make it known who they are - you just know - or they are bootnecks who who have made the cut (most I met were Andy Capp's... which was surprising. Though, they have killed more people than the British Army in total, reputably...) and end up being no-loads and dropped or brag so much that you just can't believe them...

Whichever - you know that if you get a certain look from an Old Sweat Blade, that you are most definitely in the rattle.

Or you're going to be sent to the "Glasshouse" and end up, instead of relaxing doing jankers, spending a few weeks being told to run to the top of this place before you can sit down EVERY TIME YOU REACH THE TOP OF EACH PLACE!

[edit]
    btw - why are there five in the photo? It's always four... Is that you in the middle, Koyo?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  7. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

Just wanted to see if I had the signiture set up right.

Hopefully, it should say "MuShin"

I was going to go with two definitions of a Saccade - the part your brain edits out when you move your eyeballs (does that mean if you move your eyes fast from either side, time is different?) so you don't get dizzy.

Something that, by definition, exists but does not; you will never see it when it happens.

And:

A Spasmodic Jerk.

I'll let you choose which you like best when I get to know you all a bit better.

8. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

I just got a call from the police letting me know the voluntary interview is off at Hornsey today as they have something important to do.

Where they are in Surrey.

Probably a shoplifting of a can of beans or something or, like the only mar on my criminal record - someone being nicked for eating stuff as they wander round Sainsbury's by a Zealot of a security guard and a bewildered shopper who just complies because they're overwhelmed by how stoopid the whole situation's turned out to be...

Mine was - eating (approximately) 20 grammes of grapes, opening a pack of brioche to see if it was the right type (which means you have to pay for it and eating a croissant on the way round and not paying for it.

"Can I see your receipt sir?"
    "Why? Of course you can..."
    "So. Where's the grapes?"
    "What grapes?"
    "The ones you ate along with the croissant?"
    "eh? Fer gawd's sake man..."
    "Come with me to the manager's office please."
    "Alright, let's get this sorted out."

I got a caution for that.

Here's your caution - Don't eat bakery products when shopping before you've had breakfast in front of the security guard at the tils and not pay for it.

Some of them believe that the shop is worth defending and there jobs rest upon the fact that a croissant is worth 20 pence...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  9. suraj1408

suraj1408 New Member

Is this a Paradox?

I'm sorry, but what I gather from your comment, is:
    1) that you went out of your way, to talk to two EX-seloundo students
    2) Analysed the system very well
    3) Formed a vague impression on it
    4) And you are trying to superimpose that impression on all of MAP while blindly claiming that it is not an attack on the school (which takes THE FEES and provides training) and that this isn't YOUR impression, you were just INFLUENCED by external martial art sites?

Im sorry, I may not be the sharpest nail here, but i really dont understand how that works :( :confused:

daaamn, i feel frustrated :bang:

10. suraj1408

suraj1408 New Member

Some people assume too much...

"The bloke" shows enough respect (moral and ethical definition of respect), no student ever feared him apart from the ones who got into fights in the school, he ENSURED he was always right, WITH HIS STUDENTS, rudeness is on your side brother, you go contact your friends and start your militia, and you CERTAINLY don't feel sorry for any "vulnerable" students, because if you did, you wouldn't feel sorry for the people he cares about and you certainly wouldn't say they were treated badly or pushed out. :topic:

What matters is what is in the heart, spirit and soul. Ideas cannot be fought with bullets. :woo::hat:

Certainly not with words. Your friends should develop a good moral sense, not attack the public using them. As Master Marie said, some wear tainted-glasses and will always do

That does not always mean what it necessarily suggests.

11. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

I'd agree with you there.

But not there...

Again, I concour.

But, sadly, not here...
    Perhaps you don't know the man as well as you believe you do.

It is certainly most interesting that, now the police have found something better to do than chase up allegations, so it seems, that there is a new member who has popped up and made two posts.

I must inform you that as part of a valid and serious matter that anything you say will go into my own and a few other's files.

I was always taught not to kick someone when they're down and that "Masters of Discipline" never lose their cool when they're taken down or tapped in the head.

I was also taught that the best techniques are those delivered after the attacker has spent their energy or to use that energy and say "stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself, ad nauseum..."

And that there's a new law on taxis that state you've got to have disabled access to be a "tout" and that the car must be under three years old to be a "called car".

A forced hand is not a good one to play and results in "stop hitting yourself..."

If you're training in Seloundo, stick with Anthony and Master Marie.

But, please, don't get too close or give away any confidences as they're not kept confidential.
    But I'm sure you know this...

Quite

Feeling sorry for people is Pity - Pity is not Compassion.

Pity implies that you are above the other person.
    I'll quote here "One Mat, Half Mat, A Fistful of Rice".

That means "We're all human" basically. Look it up if you want a decent explanation, because I'm typing here and want to proceed to the next point.

Who's "He"?

Are you suggesting that the Teacher doesn't feel sorry for "Vulnerable" people or that someone else doesn't.

That's not what the message is supposed to be...
    Maybe you've got a different definition of "Vulnerable" than I, and the rest of the world, have.

(before you go off on one - rest of the world means each individual.)

Because, either way, I don't think you know "He" well enough to say anything...

Parrots make good messengers and people DO shoot the messenger.
    There is always a whipping boy in an enclosed society that is an Oligarchy.

The best whipping boys are those that are not there to defend themselves, or the Parrots...

I wouldn't - I quit.

And mind, body, outside, inside, past, present and future.

As for ideas not being fought by bullets...

Do you not know any history at all?

A quick example:

Think of the American Way (yes, I'm an american indian... we all are, if you check the genetic map) and Communism.

How many ideas have been stopped with bullets in the last 50 years with that one?

Not by a parrot, anyway - ideas have been stopped by words.

"I win, you lose!"
    "That wasn't a competition - we weren't keeping score"
    "Really?! Damn... I thought it was. Thanks for telling me. When will there be a competition?"
    "Next time."
    "Okay... So I didn't win."
    "No. Just thought you did."
    "Oh, right... Does that mean I'm not god?"
    "No - just inside your self imposed proxemics."

I believe they did - they've all got the moral sense to realise that this ain't the road they want to walk down because it's leading into trouble.

Who's the public? When did they get involved in this?

I wear Polaroids...
    Keeps the sun out of my eyes, ensures that I have the "no-eye contact to eye-contact" advantage in social situations that require a sudden "cool off"...

It is true that some people will always wear tainted glasses - but because they're always wearing them, they'll never know that they are.

ie - they'll never take them off 'cos they don't know they got 'em.

Did you know that Master Marie refuses to wear glasses, despite his eyesight getting bad?

I think that's quite Ironic, considering the tainted glasses statement...

12. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I do not wish to be involved in the direction this thread is heading, therefore I will no post no further responses.

Regards,

Dan

13. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

Just quickly, the other four points you raised 1408.

1) No-one's spoken to me about it... And I believe Qigong was a student themselves...

2) That's because Qigong was a student. Read the posts. Or do you, like Master Marie, not like reading long passages (I still don't have my books back that I lent him... Thanks for reminding me.)?

3) Analysed the system well but gave a vague impression on it...
    Are you sure you're not Daze or Master Who? Because you certainly sound like "them"...

You seem to have trouble making one point and then dissolve it in the next.

I feel the need to warn you again that Web-stalking is a crime. As is Defamation, when what is said is proved to be false. ie, a REAL lie.

4) Couldn't possibly comment.

But it does seem that you are here to "set the record straight"...

Let the truth lie, as it does in all cases of opposites, somewhere in the middle.

Let the Sea of Grey be brought into existence and let the people decide where the divides of Black and White may be drawn, and where the counterpoints lie inside each zone.

The "Truth and the Way" is expressed very nicely in the Yin and Yang symbol...

14. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

Thank you Dan.

I wish this thread would just cease.

"Moved on..."

Like AJIMA.

15. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

It would be in AJIMA's best interests if it DID stop...

The more attention brought to this thread, the worse the Viral will be about Seloundo.

If I were still a student, and doing the work I did for Master Marie, I would have asked that this thread be removed.

But I'm not and I'm not, so I won't.

Let it be here as a memorial for what was once and is and most likely will not be after another 30 odd years.

Because the best student AJIMA has, if he's any sense, will take his Martial Way and build upon it and teach his own Way.

And he knows he's the best in Seloundo, except for AJ Marie who may or may not let him know certain things...

Though I always think of this person as being 13 years old... Even though he's now a beast of a man.

His name's Anthony and he's the best thing to come out of Seloundo and I wish him all the best in his future.

16. Pkaaaww!!

Amen to that one bra.

17. qigong

qigong Valued Member

suraj1408

You have no idea who you are talking to

18. qigong

qigong Valued Member

pete i used to train with you,you were very good with the nunchucks,you used to talk to me about herbal medicine.....you know who am i mate,hope you remember me

19. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

That must narrow it down to a demonstration I gave at the King's College in Guildford...
    Or me messing around with them at seminars, camping weekends or at the centre before Marie decided that they weren't part of the syllabus (even though he knew them and was probably better ;) if you know what I mean)

There weren't many there then...

I'm sure I remember you - I remember most of the students from the past 10/12 years who trained with Marie.
    That musta been four/five years ago, Qigong - I take it you're a bloke.

20. Saccade

Saccade Valued Member

If you want to email me, until you're able to PM, I'll be happy to chat with you, or anyone, about the benefits and downsides and flaws in the Seloundo system.

MuShinDo is doing pretty well since it's started up...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.