Self Defence Sketch

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by ZenPixelTKD, Dec 12, 2005.

1. ZenPixelTKD

ZenPixelTKD not just a natural blonde

Here is a self defence sketch done by part of our clubs demo team. It won first place at the Victorian Championships, and at the Nationals.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/6225185352642606/anton_self_defense/*zenpixel

Now before any one goes "Bah that wouldn't work on the street!"
    The purpose of the Sketch is to show what TaekwonDo practioners are capable of, and there are certain requirements such as flying three directional kick, and double kick.

2. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

I think they could have done that demonstration on the street. There would probably be some unnecessary bruises, since concrete isn't very forgiving. I mean, if you pick the wrong street, there will be people or cars or whatever on it that will get in the way, but that's why you don't pick a crowded street...

3. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

It was impressive in places but they really shouldnt call it a self defence sketch thats all. Call it showing off or a performance but it doesn't have any nreal linki to self defence (Unless you know where I can find some guys to try and hit me by aiming there punches a foot or so to the left of me ;) )

4. ZenPixelTKD

ZenPixelTKD not just a natural blonde

Take up its title with ITF, as they are the ones calling it "Male Self Defence Routine,"
    Actually, some of the kicks and punches connected! About halfway through, when the bad guy is doing the spinning kicks, and the hero kicks as well, they banged together in the air, and the baddie fell down, which he wasn't supposed to! I have a photo of the bruise somewhere that I should find for you! its pretty bad!
    I should put the routine I was in up, but I stuffed a bit up and am too embarrassed!!!! Maybe the next one!

5. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

That was fun to watch. For sheer athleticism TKD makes for great viewing. Wish I could do spinny kicks that well :D