Science and God hand in hand...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by The Wanderer, Mar 8, 2006.

1. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Banned Banned

Science is merely the attempt to understand God... God is chaos... Entropy is the work of God... The universe is as small as we believe that it is big... Existence is a paradox in itself, and, as of now we only partly exist, which is why we can only consciously experience and measure 4 dimensions without the use of science...

2. DarthSciurus

DarthSciurus Valued Member

What are you trying to say? o_O

I'll agree that science is the attempt to understand God, though many seem to have lost track of the goal. But how is existance a paradox? And if it is, what's that have to do with the four dimensions we move around in? If we can only consiously experience and measure four dimensions, how does that mean we only partly exist?

3. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

you're assuming too much, you assume theres a god.

4. DarthSciurus

Well, this IS the Philosophy forum... :p.

5. GojuKJoe

GojuKJoe Valued Member

Today a young man on (something illegal...) realised that all matter is merely energy condensed, life is only a dream and we're an imagination of ourselves.

Here's Tom with the weather.....

:D

6. The Wanderer

Because we are only partly conscious of our existence... Theories such as superstring and hyperspace indicate the possibility of infinite dimensions of being, although I believe only 10 or 11 have been verified by science, yet we can only consciously experience 4, and are not aware of the rest... why?

7. The Wanderer

Others assume there is no God... So who is more wrong?

8. GojuKJoe

GojuKJoe Valued Member

Neither

9. DarthSciurus

But you said we only partly exist, not we're only partly conscious of our existance ;). Yeah, I'm just nitpicking now. But we DO exist in the other 6-7 dimensions; we just don't move in them above the level of strings. Since we don't move in them, we're not conscious of them. *shrugs* That's my take. Why don't we move in them? That's a question that hasn't adequately been answered for me, but I'm told they've been "compactified" since the first seconds after the Big Bang.

BTW, science hasn't yet verified the existance of any extra dimensions... that new partical accelerator that's coming online next year's supposed to prove or disprove them, but there's nothing yet.

10. The Wanderer

I'll pose another question... Is human consciousness synonymous with human existence? Is a vegetated human "alive"? What constitutes being present in "this" realm? Would it be logical or illogical to apply those same concepts to the "other" realms?

11. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Actually it isn't. Present day science clearly has no such agenda some individuals bring that agenda into science but thats not the same thing as it being an essential part of scientific study.

Yes but it's not the religions forum most philosophy I know of doesn't automatically assume the existence of God.

Because we have bodies that only move in 3 dimensions... though accepting time as a dimension I guess you could say 4. It's not really a mystery.

You answered your own question with your example. Humans can remain bodily alive (when supported by life support machines) after there brain has died. These people are still human but without consciousness i.e. a functioning brain its pretty clear that human bodies aren't capable of much. I don't see what the deep problem is supposed to be isn't this all common sense?

Most people who don't believe in God do so because there is no physical evidence for the existence of such a being. If there was evidence science would accept the existence of God so as such the positions are not equally valid in terms of evidence.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2006
  12. The Wanderer

I made an objective observation, I do not expect it to be accepted as fact...

I know of plenty that does... In fact, God is often the focal point of many philosophical ideologies, but I don't think that's what we're discussing here...

We only experience 4, we "move" within every dimension there is, for it is all connected... We are not separate from any part of the Universe's fabric...

I am asking YOU, do you feel as if these individuals are ACTUALLY alive? It is agreed that a living body is not always synonymous with consciousness... So, how would you define this "life"?

You assume as much, science makes no real aggressive attempts to prove the existence of God... But, then, one would have to find an applicable definition of God to base their study, and no one can seem to agree on who or what God should and would consist of...

13. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

I see, good :).

Err... not so sure how you came to this conclusion. We are 4 dimensional beings hence we can only move through and experience 4 dimensions. We don't posses any other dimensions so I don't see how we could possibly be able to move through them.

It just depends what kind of definition your looking for... biological or philosophical. Biologically Id define life as the human body functioning with particular emphasis on the brain. Philosophically Id define life as the period of conciousness you get to enjoy before death.

Science makes no real agrressive attempts to prove the existence of invisible flying dingos who order all the physical processes in the universe either but just because science does not set out to prove or disprove something does not make it a valid assumption.The existence of a God or Gods is a matter of faith usually based on upbringing or some personal experience, disbelief in things with no evidence to support them is not a matter of faith hence why people don't generally get accused of acting on faith if they dont believe in invisible flying dingos.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2006
  14. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

ACTUALLY there are several hundred of them in this photograph

[​IMG]

15. airweaver

airweaver Valued Member

what do you mean by god is chaos??

id say entropy is a byproduct of is-ness.

science will never make any true progress unless it starts researching the inner alchemical sciences, and all things ESP related..
    god can only be understood by developing our spirit/consciousness into it, not by taking a measurement on some machine.

16. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I always understood that religion was a way to explain science, before we had a better understanding of it.

17. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

[mod] "Philosophy" has many subtopics underneath it. Some involve the study of religion, and some don't. If this thread strays too far into religion I'll move it to the Religion forum. Right now it's fine here. [/mod]

18. The Wanderer

Chaos is the eventuality of the universe...

19. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

No, death is the eventuality of the universe. Eventually the universe will cool off and die. That's a increase in order, not a decrease in order.

20. airweaver

airweaver Valued Member

hmmm, whos saying the physical universe is all there is of creation??
    IMO it makes up about 1% of total reality.
    it seems more logical that the universe would continue in cycles of birth and death, just like millions of other factors of nature. It would seem very un-god like if the universe only went round once.

aikimac, again, it will die but will probably explode again for another great time span.