Schooled/Appology...

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by bodyshot, Dec 7, 2014.

1. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

Ok, so I went to Karate on thursday and brought up this whole MMA vs. Hybrid theroy, and it turns out I was wrong and you were right, so heres my appology to the following. Kave, Ap, Simon, and anyone else I butted heads with over this issue, lols, my bad...This went on for like a week lols, ok sorry one last time.

2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Didn't you already "tap" on this issue and say you were wrong a long time ago?

Why apologize again? Unless you didn't really mean it last time?:confused:

3. bodyshot

Actually I did tap, Kave got me to give on the issue, but then it kinda reared its ugly head again lols, I didnt mean for it too, it just kinda happened, Idk, ever been there.

Anyway, the guys were pretty well spirited about it, and that showed me that they were pretty stand up guys.

4. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

In summary, what is your conclusion?

5. bodyshot

Thanks for asking Martial man. OK it goes like this. I whole heartedly believe that MMA is a term that refers to the full contact sport of fighting that takes place in leagues such as the UFC. There is also a genre of martial arts called MMA, it refers to any style of martial art that is practiced with purpose of being used in said sport.

Hybrid martialarts are different from MMA, the sole reason of hybrid martial arts is not to compete in MMA events, although they sometime adapt well, I believe Chuck Norris is the founder of a very effective all ranges martial art that is classified as a hybrid. Hope that sums it up...Thanks for putting up with me.:hat: