school drama

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Cait, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

Wow!

ok, so i know i haven't been on a lot in the last few months.. let me just say i've missed everyone! here's why:

at the end of may, my master announced he was closing the school. we were a 'evenings only' school, as we (the instructors) all had real-life jobs. our lease was up, and his job and family life were becoming more and more demanding, and he felt he couldn't continue to give us the training we were paying for (true, as in the months previous he'd been called out mroe and more often).

he offered to myself and one of the other instructors to take over the school, which we did, but with no location it's been a struggle. from may to now we've been immersed in looking for a new building and getting the whole business side of things switched over. new location, new website (thats me), new curriculum... new everything.

on top of that, i'm having knee surgery next week. :eek:

but, i'm happy to say, we started classes again (finally) on the 15th. we've only got a handful of students at the moment, but the important thing is we're back in business... and i'm so relieved, i can hardly stand it. not being able to train regularly is not cool.

so there it is. my whole summer drama in one...

2. Sackett

Sackett Valued Member

Wow. That's so awesome. Your community is lucky to have dedicated folk to carry one. Hang in there and good luck with everything. Starting a business can be a monumental undertaking. I've always been too scared, so hats off to you.

3. fkruege

fkruege New Member

Wish you the best of luck with the new school.

4. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

thanks guys.. i'm so glad we're back up & running, but i'll be even happier when things settle down a little, and we get our student numbers back up

5. aaron_mag

aaron_mag New Member Supporter

Good luck. You're doing a great thing by stepping up and making sure the school doesn't die.

This is the way it seems to work with most schools. Lots, and lots of work and dedication to keep them going and many people, at the end of the day, find themselves stretched so thin they just say, "I just can't keep it up anymore!"

Only through the dedication of people like you can the art survive.

6. Nathanrfc2007

Nathanrfc2007 Valued Member

Good luck with it, i'm sure you'll do well.

Where is your club located? (country,city)

7. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Work hard at it and never forget to enjoy yourself an let your students see that enjoyment and passion for your art. Even when you're yelling at them to try harder :)

You'll love it :D

Mitch

8. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

Thanks!

Leesburg, Virginia.. USA

And i should add, that while my master could no longer run things, he is still involved. had a session with him last night, he's coming in 1-2 times a week.

9. dortiz

dortiz Valued Member

Thats awesome.
    Congrats. I was bummed to see you guys lose your location. I will have to stop by and watch some classes. Since I am off Evergreen Mills Road I should drag myself over and say hi at least once.

Cheers,

Dave O.

p.s. Good luck on the knee surgery. Doctors here are great. I am recovering from some work on me as I type.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  10. Sweeter_Science

Sweeter_Science Valued Member

Knee surgery....no good. But congradulations on your inheritance!
    Agreed in that martial arts has future through people like yourself.