Scatology, anyone?

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by David, Dec 12, 2003.

1. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

Don't take the 'thumbs-up' the wrong way! ;)

Standing qigong is the business for achieving a laxative effect on occasions you might be a bit 'anally reticent'.

Has anyone ever posted such an abhorent conversation-stopper? Do I win a prize?

Rgds,
    David

2. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Total Crap.
    I was gonna refute the subject entirely,
    but I will just Poo Poo it instead.

"Driving Home For Christmas"...

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I find 9 pints of Guiness and a curry a much more pleasant "solution" to the problem :D

4. David

This occurred to me a day or two ago when I had three large meals in one day and rounded it off by eating a plate of sandwiches at bedtime.

The evening meal was a Thai green curry to no effect so Guinness must be the active ingredient in your 'cure', Yoda.

I didn't expect any replies to this, you twisted ducks. (look, a black kettle!)

Rgds,
    David

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

hehe...

6. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Have you tried Cashew Nut Surprise?
    Or Linseed Tussle?

Magical cures. Definitely.

Although I'll go with the Guiness and Curry cure by Yoda, as the
    Ultimate in Absorbing what is Useful, Rejecting what is Useless...

7. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

Bagua is great for that. All that loose waist movement. Seriously - after a good couple of bagua forms it clears you right up.

8. Syd

Syd 1/2 Dan in Origami

It is also said that if you fart during your Taiji forms that you are correctly performing your forms. If your backed up in the mornings and need to dump a load before you leave the house, just do multiple 'wave hands in clouds' and you'll be in the dunny in no time.

9. Aravi

Aravi New Member

Ack >.< Bad mental imagery happening right now >.< MAKE IT STOP!!! >.<

10. David

hehe - sweet dreams, aravi!

The loose waist and passive sinking is the trick, I guess.

WARNING: do not try this outdoors! :D

11. Shade

Shade New Member

Gee with all this potential farting and pooping going on I cant wait to get to my first Tai Chi class. :D

Best not have a curry the night before then.

Hey syd I just had a thought, you know you said about feeling your chi building up and moving around....maybe its wind ;)

12. David

Before I go to class, I always try to void my bowels so that I don't fart. A goodly proportion of the comedy in class comes from people farting...

I know it's all quite amusing and everything but we should remember that this is one simple indicator of the efficacy (..effaecacy) of traditional Chinese training, and it's underlying adherence to the principles of well-being.

Chi is all about flow and removing blockages to enable constant motion and circulation throughout all your body's systems.

Rgds,
    David

13. God

God New Member

that's so true!

but it could be simply an overly complicated shroud for something much simpler...an entire science built around "just relax"?

14. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

"...It is also said that if you fart during your Taiji forms that you are correctly performing your forms. ..."

Finally, an explanation of the "empty force" of taiji. I'm going to www.randi.org to claim $1,000,000 with my no-touch chi power!!

Does that mean curry is a performance enhancing drug in tai chi?

15. zun

zun New Member

LOL @ nzric!

That explains why my class stinks so much - and all this time I thought it was the BO!

16. David

sigh

I try; God knows I try.

;)

Rgds,
    David

17. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

After my nasty weekend experience with food poisoning I won't add to the tone of this thread other than to say it stinks!

:D

18. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

I tried this crazy form of yoga where the room is over 100 degrees F, and the postures are done super vigorously. The objective is to cleanse your system, and both my wife and I were "cleansing" for about two days afterwards. It was like eating chicken at Mcdonald's or something.
    *Pyuuh.* (wrinkled nose, deathly clean up in aisle three).

19. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

i'd say a thrust kick into the seikatanden would be a good laxative.
    oh, aren't i sick

p.s. talking of farting, there's a guy in my Shotokan Karate class who's always farting, i think he does it on purpose though.

multiple posts combined

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2004
  20. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

hey, maybe that's why your seikatanden is considered to be 'the seat of the soul' and the conduit of Chi/Ki - it is also the location of the bowel

p.s. I bet almost everyone posting in this thread is a male.

PLEASE use the edit button!: Yoda

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2004