Scars? What do you think?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Anomandaris, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Anomandaris

Anomandaris New Member

well put simply does anyone have a scar? Whats the story and what do you think of it?

Also what do those of the opposite gender think of scars attractive or not?

I have a few, the main one is a burn across my right shoulder, its large(covering back to front an small part of my chest) when I was 14 I and a few friends had inadvisably gone camping and had started a fire from sticks we had found(it was pretty good after about an hours feeding...) and it was hot that night so I and a few others were topless, I was walking past it and tripped sending my shoulder right into it, I sprung out like a flea jumping(really fast!!) and had suffered a serious burn, it was treated but has left a scar.

I also have what are essentially stretch marks along my back as I used to hunch over alot(which has been rectified by martial arts I am pleased to announce) and this stretched the skin into what look like tears and rips going horizontally across my back.

some one reply...I dont want to be the only exposing myself...

2. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I have almost identical ones across each kneecap, though they've both come from different things - the right knee came from a drunken incident where a couple of friends and i decided that seeing who could skid the furtherst on the ice on the way home from the pub in the winter was a good idea. I slipped (duh :rolleyes: ), went over and cut my knee up on what I think was a manhole cover, but I don't remember too well. The other one is the most ridiculous injury ever - I sneezed in my sleep, which made my left leg jerk for some reason, and it jerked straight into the corner of the bedside table. It bled for hours actually, I was really surprised by that.
    I also have an "interesting" collection of scars on my back which serve as a reminder never to date a certain someone again, no matter how good she looks, and there's a particularly ugly gouge (I won't call that a scar, it's way uglier) between my shoulderblades where a big mole was removed. The only good thing about that is that it changes colour when I move my shoulderblades - it's a pretty nifty party trick, if nothing else.
    I've also got the usual shin bangs, scratches on the tops of my shoulders from a couple of sharp edges on my damnable computer desk from where I've been reaching around the back of the PC, a couple of dots where stupid facial piercings have closed up, a couple on my knuckles after a disagreement ended up with my hand impacting someone's teeth and that's about it for the ones I'll talk about on here
    Looking at that lot, I guess my skin's a bit of a mess, really ;)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2005
  3. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

well as a "maker" i have lots of dotted scars on my hand and wrists from drill bits, knives, bandsaws, chisleds, you name it :rolleyes:

but my best scar is on my right index finger running all along it. well its about 1 inch long and caused from when i electrocuted myself :D

then i have a small collection onmy knees from my years as a tom boy!

4. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

The main ones I've got were from getting burned up while working industrial roofing some years ago. Spent a couple weeks in the hospital. Your burn scars will fade more as you get older Anomandaris. It will take a little time.

5. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

I have one on my wrist from a chiselblade. Deepish gash it was, another cm deeper and I would have been in trouble, cutting my wrist open and all that.

6. reikislapper

reikislapper see you on the flypaper

Here we go lol,

Well I have a scar on my chest where I've had heart surgery, (which I really hate more than any other). I have one on each knee where I've had key hole surgery. I have another where I had to have an operation cos I had an ovarian cyst, I'm not telling where lol. A few here and there on my arms through burns and other accidents. I also have one on my left foot through being pushed into a metal box which was rather large, a relation did that one to me and I'd like to do one back one day lol.
    I think that's enough before I fill too much of the thread, I do have more but I think that's enough.
    lisa xx

7. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I couldn't do a job like that I'd be losing fingers all over the place with my attention span.

Only scare I have is from a spot I kept picking, I should have took my mother advice :D

8. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Here is a picture of my scars. They are self inflicted and very much a rite of passage. When I sleep it sounds a bit like a nervous person with a roll of bubble wrap.

Attached Files:

9. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

I got scars on my arms, legs, and shoulders...I don't really mind the scars, but the one on my leg is just rediculous.

10. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

2 inch scar across my palm. fell on broken glass when playing football(american :woo: :woo: :woo: ). Didn't hurt that much

11. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

I hate to admit that, with all the really REALLY stupid things I've done in my life, I've only gotten scars from small, lame incidents. I have a series of cuts on my right forearm, from my first two summers living on my own--I couldn't get the hang of ripping plastic wrap off the roll to wrap leftovers, without catching my arm on the cutting blade. :eek: I also have a small tip missing off a finger, due to a cutting accident in the kitchen (the potato soup had a little extra protein that night :eek: ).

12. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

I have a scar on my right temple from where I was bitten when attacked by a German Shepard/Collie mix and got 15 stitches. Doc said a millimeter more and I coulda been blinded or killed.

I also have many hand and finger scars from carpet knives as I used to lay flooring in a previous life. Some were pretty deep. I also have scars from various electric staplers that I used to use. Would really make a mess when the staple would hit the bone and curve over...then try pulling them out...ouch! They have all healed pretty good overall.

I also have a scar on my lower back that I got...well...I got it quite a few years ago when me and a girlfriend were going at it and it got a little wild. We fell of the bed and I fell right onto a ceramic vase or something, and it sliced my back. Funny how that is my favourite scar... :love:

I also have a scar on my heart where it bled when Liddel layed out Couture (after a jab in the eye I might add!).

13. clemsontkd

clemsontkd New Member

I have several scars on my feet and one next to my elbow. No cool stories.

14. Splush

Splush Valued Member

I have lots of scars. A huge one that covers up my abdomen, because I've almost died on several diff. occasions, occassions that required surgery. I have one on my kneck related to the reasons above. I have one on my leg, because well..same story. Two on my thumbs from being stupid. One on my eyebrow, dont know where that comes from. And a few others ones from being stupid.

Ladies would you say scars are sexy? :cool:

15. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

the old man was covered in tattoos and scars,
    some from in prison and others in bars,
    the rest he got from workin on old cars.

cool song but i got no tattoos.

me.

2 3 inch slashes on my chest from a straight razor...3 defensive ones on my left forearm trying to block. age 14, battery park,from someone wanted to steel my bike.

one stab would in the stomach and coresponding surgical scar from the repair job.age 17, girlfriend after she found out about me and her sister

one on my lip from a beer bottle age 19 , germany by a turk, cant remeber why cause i was too drunk. but i probably deserved it.(i can cover this one with a mustache so i always were one.

bullet hole top of my right thigh from iraq (desert storm)

peice of shrappnel left shoulder from an rpg (obviously it was not a direct hit or little mai tai would not be here for your flaming pleasures. mogadishu somolia

now for the most annoying. one above my left eye. from an elbow in a muay tai fight. it always threatens to open in fights now. alot of you love the full on muay tai rules but this is why i hate them. i dont like elbows. cause to many cuts.

lots of other minor ones for dumb stuff.like the one on my thumb from when i couldnt find the nut cracker and thought that a pair of scissors could crack a walnut in a pinch.

or the one on my finger cause i thought "a poodle cant realy bite too hard"

or the two cigarette burns on my hand from and abusive parent.

i hate my scars and wish they could be removed

16. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Hmm,I dont have many scars, and the ones I do have are pretty tiny, and since they are light pink/white, and I am fair skinned they kind of blend in, unles sits cold which makes the scars darken for some reason. Most of them are on my knuckles, some from a few fights, a few on my shins, arms from american football, and then 3 on my knee from arthoscopic surgery.

As a side note, does anyone know what makes a scar the color it is? I know people with black scars, and others with scars like mine, any ideas? Also, is there any condition that makes you scar easier than normal, because I swear I have gotten some scars on my hands from nothing more than small scratches, which barely bled, if they bled at all.

Also, dont worry to much about your scars guys, they're just a part of who you are, and there is no sense worrying about it, until you can change it. Which I bet will be in my lifetime, and hopefully yours as well:)

17. seiki juku kid

seiki juku kid New Member

what happened to the second part of anomandaris' question?? me and some people at school (including teachers, just randomly) were talking about scars and the general consensus was that yes scars are attractive!

18. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

i have just got myself a new scar on my right hand just below my thumb. Did it on a turning blade at work. I also have a scar on my right eyebrow. when i was little i was sat on my mums lap on the back of the bus. the bus driver stopped real quick and i flew on to the floor and bust my eye on the ledge :cry:

oh yes and i think some scars do look attractive

Last edited: Sep 18, 2005
  19. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

You know its funny how dangerous busses are...i passed out on one once and smashed my chin on the baggage bar, hospital on xmas eve woohoo.

I have another scar on my eye brow, you remember at school when the teachers used to say 'never swing on your chair its dangerous' well shock horror they were right. They still use my headbutting the table as an example to this day. And im adamant that the staring competition i was having at the time was a draw.

I have another on my wrist from getting it stuck on the hotlight at work in the kitchen. smelt like pork actually. :eek: :cry:

And another on my back going right across it looks like a slash wound dont know how i got it though.

Afor sexy scars i do not think they look nice at all, people still point at my eyebrow and reckon i did a dodgy job plucking it. :bang: :bang:

20. Lilika

Lilika Scientia est potentia

I have a scar on the top of my right foot from a throw ( The top of my foot split when it hit the floor.).

One on my elbow from "Gi Burn".

The edge of a box I was holding scraped my arm and left a scar that looks like a track mark. (It is the only scar I want removed.)

My "Weird Story" scar is the one on my inner ankle. When my birth mother was pregnant with me she had an amniocentesis and the Doctor nicked me with the needle resulting in a one inch scar.

I have a few others that are not really worth mentioning.

Splush, They can be. :D

Last edited: Sep 18, 2005