sayoc kali seminar

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by mick shore, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Shhhhhh! it's a secret.

Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... :whistleblower:

2. Lord Bathmat

Lord Bathmat Valued Member

Hi All,

I think enough has been said on the subject. If Pat and Peter claim they know which group I'm from then they will also know that I don't need to travel to doncaster just to train in Sayoc because the system I am currently training in already covers eveything that Sayoc covers. Although I am not saying it is better than Sayoc.

In my short life i have realised it's not the style/system it's the person doing the style/system that matters.

If I have offended anybody I apologise as this wasn't my intention. My intention was to discuss Sayoc and find out how effective it was. It was not I reiterate to offend anybody.

Regards

LB

3. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

So what is the system you study then?

4. mick shore

mick shore Valued Member

Yawn ,ok so how do you know it covers everything sayoc does ,when you havnt trained in sayoc ,only what youve heard from second hand information about sayoc.

5. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

Well spotted Mick. Unless LB is using 'The Force' in some way or other, how could he know what is taught in Sayoc kali without having studied it. I get the same level of 'insightful' observations about Bakbakan Kali Ilustrisimo, Bakbakan Sinawali, Tulisan and other aspects of our art from people who have never trained or may be using hearsay from other equally inexperienced 'experts!'. LOL

Respectfully

Peter

6. shootodog

shootodog restless native

A SYSTEM THAT COVERS SAYOC??? past present and future incarnations???

7. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Ah the folly of people who think FMA is all the same..... It is but it's not all at the same time....

I can tell you Doce Pares does not cover any Sayoc material that's for sure.... And I have an incling that LB is doing Doce Pares, or at least one version of it.

It's like saying all Doce Pares groups cover the same material when they are in fact from the same group but all teach different material in different ways.

It's like saying all Balintawak groups are the same, yes they are in some respects, but they too are also very different to each other.

I have been training with various Doce Pares groups longer than most here in the UK and I have travelled numerous times to the Philippines to further enhance my knowledge of the Doce Pares Systems, notice I say Systems and each and every time I see something new or another version of the same thing. To put a finer point on it, if you where to assume Doce Pares was simply one system, then to learn all the material required from beginner up to a basic instructor level (covering all the different styles and version of each instructor) it would take you a minimum of 20 years just to get to grips with the material. As for mastering it? Well as SGM Momoy once said to me 'I have been training for nearly 80 years and I think I am getting the hang of it now'.

That is why, when people say to me 'I do the Doce Pares System' I reply with 'Great.. Which one?'

Best regards

Pat

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009