Saw+Finger=ouch, or does it?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Obewan, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Here's one for all you wood workers!:eek:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=E3mzhvMgrLE&NR=1[/ame]

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Brilliant design on that one! Jeebus!!!

Reminds me of everytime I see someone using a table saw and not using a bit of pusher scrap when they should be. Very clever design. Wonder if that will ever catch on and get the big companies buying it. The designer has a lot of confidence in his design to step up to bat with his own finger. :eek:

3. melbgoju

melbgoju Valued Member

It's excellent technology. My only issue with it is the inventor's attempts to get this technology legislated to be included in all new saws.

It would put any new saws out of my meagre financial grasp, that's for sure.
    Although, because of the voltage conversions, Australia's power tools mostly come from the EU, where the safety compliance requirements mandate riving knives, blade guards and shorter (non-kickback inducing) fences and there is not any real political/legal impetus for blade-braking technology, so for me it is somewhat of a moot point.

Not so in the US, where a recent court case against Ryobi after someone misused their table saw to injure themselves has given legal impetus, and the political impetus is there as well.

Still, cool to watch and something I might consider, should I ever get enough money (although that money would be much better spent on a Vicmarc, Hegner or Oneway Stubby Lathe)

4. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

How is the feedback THAT fast?!

5. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Wow, that's pretty awesome! My buddy could've used that one when he lost part of his middle finger last year. I'm with melb though, until it becomes an easy tech to install if they make it mandatory I might have my old saws for a long time.