Satoru Sayama promotion - Japanese style MMA of sorts?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by slipthejab, Jan 9, 2013.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Apparently it's some sort of Japanese fight promotion with some sort of nod traditional stylings- refs in hakama's, round raised ring, fighters baring swords first and then proceeding top pummel each other... it look likes kicks/punches/knees and throws are legal. A strange version of MMA if you will. Given Sayama's background as a wrestler and icon I'd be curious if this format ever got big in Japan.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGwS71FBUE4"]ä½å±±ã‚µãƒˆãƒ«ä¸»å‚¬ãƒ»æ­¦é“掣åœç¬¬äºŒå›žå¤§ä¼š - YouTube[/ame]

Anyone know what it's called?

2. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

There large fat guys did sumo ...

Looks entertaining .

The sword bit was like the salt throwing at a baisho

Smurf:hat:

3. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

no idea what its called, looks interesting though ^_^

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Love how the bald -97kg just walked up and raised a knee and it stopped the fight there.
    Mustve been a 2sec KO

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Yes that must have been like headbutting and oncoming diesel truck. :D Ouch!

6. TakadaDojoKeith

TakadaDojoKeith Valued Member

This is a Seikendo event. The rules are that you can win by KO, submission, pinfall, pushing someone out of the ring or accumulated points. I was scheduled to fight in one of these events right before the big earthquake happened. After that, everything was cancelled.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  7. TakadaDojoKeith

TakadaDojoKeith Valued Member

8. hext

hext Valued Member

Reminds me a bit of this www.combudo.com obviously without the hakama and swords