Samurai X (cartoon)

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Intan86, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Intan86

Intan86 Valued Member

Hi,
    I'm just wondering if anyone have ever seen this cartoon show?Its really good. :love: Well, for me. It shows the life of Kenshee Himura(the cartoon character) a.k.a Battousai the Slasher. I was wondering if his sword style(the katana) really exist? The style is called Hiten Mitsurugi. :confused:

Thanks. :D

Intan :Angel:

2. Furikuchan

Furikuchan New Member

*hissss*
    He said the evil name!
    Seriously, look into Rurouni Kenshin. Samurai X is HORRIBLE comparitively. Granted, all they did was translate (badly) and tone things down (badly) and do some (very bad) editing, but it makes a huge difference.

3. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

:attn-I feel like I'm about to be a big nerd over arguing over a cartoon:

You have to be kidding? Rorouni Kenshin has silly animations and makes Kenshin look like an idiot. The Samurai X trilogy is much better than the Rorouni Kenshin series.

4. Nightwolf

Nightwolf New Member

I watched SAmurai X every saturday and sunday while having breakfast. I didn't even know there was a trilogy. I liked it, I preffered watching it to Pokemon who was at the same hour :). It may be some truth in it, I don't see why they would invent a totally new style.

5. Chojin

Chojin Valued Member

There are countless hundreds of kenjutsu schools out there, so it's theoretically possible that one might have that name. Of course if it did exist, the name would be the only thing it'd have in common with Rurouni Kenshin since over 99% of the swordsplay in it is possibly through imagination! Unless you wanna form your own style and run round with a Katana shouting various special move type names like a character from Street Fighter 2! ;)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2004
  6. Shisochin

Shisochin New Member

Talking about cartoons........has anyone seen Samurai Jack.......he uses a katana too......absolutely amazin....i think anyway...

7. Jeff

Jeff New Member

I hate to advertise...but maybe you should visit www.animechatforums.com to discuss aime (but never ever spam this website)... I love samurai jack, he's rad!
    again my apologies for advertising another site!:(

8. Shisochin

Shisochin New Member

Samurai Jack...........is complete :D

9. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

they show it on the telly here , but i thought its too errr.... childish for my liking

10. Senga

Senga GenkiGirl

I thought Samurai X was a movie...thena gain i thought Ghost in the Shell was one too. :confused:

btw, wouldn't it be more politically correct to refer to them as "anime" and not cartoons? :D

11. Bluce Ree

Bluce Ree Asinus asinorum.

Pfft! Anime? Read the manga, you'll get so much more from it.

Okay, entering otaku mode...now :Alien:

Hiten mitsurugi ryu was actually invented by Watsuki-san for his debut manga "Crescent Moon In The Warring States".

I think it means thousand dragon style, seem to remember that from somewhere, "an ancient style that pits one against many".

12. Senga

Senga GenkiGirl

Interesting! Heehee, that's really cool!

Funny how it reminds me of the time my father told me he once saw a TKDer back in Korea (decades ago) knocking out 100 men with only a drumstick. Seriously, i'm not joking.

13. Intan86

Intan86 Valued Member

Yes, (if I'm not mistaken) it did mentioned about Dragons. Maybe it was derrived from it.